YSL - La Nuit de L'homme / L'Intense / Eau de Parfum / Le Parfum... Which is your Preferate ?

david

Jun 7, 2005
How different are these ?
Are they all still in production ?
Thanks for recommendations/ descriptions.

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
Happen to own all the flankers which are all nice in their own way, but prefer the original.
Totally agree.

David, with this line I think you start with the original. It's kind of a modern classic to me. Just smells good. And a lot of other scents have sort of copied the style I notice. I wish I had this one when I was 30 or so.

david

Jun 7, 2005
Thanks for the advice everyone.
I have now tested them all several times. I'm really on the fence with these. They have to my nose a generic/synthetic, (bad) drugstore vibe which my nose cannot get past.
I find the original edt has not the longevity of the others.

What I really do like is the post drydown phase. The edp smells sensational at this stage...a really strong delicious cedarwood. Incredible.
The post drydown of the parfum is completely different. Marine fresh style. Really nice.
They are still very strong on a tester strip 24 hours on. From the drydown aspect the edp is my personal favourite.
I did not have the possiblity to try the Intense, so cannot comment on it.

As a die hard fan of the older classics I am trying to warm to this new breed and style of fragrances. I have changed my opinion a lot regarding Bleu de Chanel. Again, here I much prefer the drydown phase to the opening. The same goes for Sauvage. I especially like Sauvage Elixir.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I have now tested them all several times. I'm really on the fence with these. They have to my nose a generic/synthetic, (bad) drugstore vibe which my nose cannot get past.
I find the original edt has not the longevity of the others.

What I really do like is the post drydown phase. The edp smells sensational at this stage...a really strong delicious cedarwood. Incredible.
The post drydown of the parfum is completely different. Marine fresh style. Really nice.
They are still very strong on a tester strip 24 hours on. From the drydown aspect the edp is my personal favourite.
I did not have the possiblity to try the Intense, so cannot comment on it.

As a die hard fan of the older classics I am trying to warm to this new breed and style of fragrances. I have changed my opinion a lot regarding Bleu de Chanel. Again, here I much prefer the drydown phase to the opening. The same goes for Sauvage. I especially like Sauvage Elixir.
You seem to have zeroed in on precisely what appeals to you!

Dec 10, 2008
I kept La Nuit and L'Intense as they were the only ones that provided decent performance and smell nice. Not complex but are simply nice fragrances that others seem to enjoy as well.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011

So it's not just me then... the original's accord is nice, but I'm not entirely sure it's nice enough. I have never really owned a bottle of any one - just samples. But then again the original does have quite a following, so there must be a reason for that.

maksidrom

Dec 30, 2003
I tried a couple of LNDLH releases over time and I picked up a full bottle of LNDLH L'Intense EDP when it was dumped onto TJ Maxx and Marshalls, and while I think they are nice and pleasant I don't feel like they are anything special or memorable. Well done, polite and rather average. Sometimes that's all you need, but I have a feeling that the L'Intense EDP will remain my only purchase in this line.
I didn't care for L'Homme at all.

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
For me original La Nuit de L'Homme (until late 2015) is still the best.
Second Frozen Cologne.
Third maybe L'Homme Ultime.

And I don't get the hype with Bleu Electrique.
It has a very nice opening, but in the later drydown you get that generic base which is used in other fragrances by L'Oreal too (AdG Profondo, Y Flankers).

I think the old La Nuit Le Parfum is also a good one, but a little bit on the weaker side.

Latest News