Youth Dew in the classic bottle

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006
Yes, and I think the ribbed one with the gold bow is original , too, isn't it? This one still smells the same to me. It is strong & a lot of bang for the buck, still under $40, I believe.

G

Guest 3

I adore Youth Dew, even though I can't often wear it. I love the bath oil, and the lotion that came in a light aqua-blue glass pump bottle used to be very nice. I haven't tried that in ages, don't even know if it's still made.

Lessa

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 9, 2009
I've heard that the blue bottle is a slightly better formulation?? Spritzed lightly, YD is a wonderful fall frag, IMO.

Mimi Gardenia

Basenotes Institution
Aug 15, 2008
I adore Youth Dew and I prefer the glass bottle as I can see the thick brown juice .However I always end up taking off the little gold bow on elastic ....... I also love the parfum and the bath oil ( to use a perfume ) .I find the bath oil sweeter and more vanillic but I just love original Youth Dew.
Yep, I think it's still about $35.

Last edited:

Anna_P

Apr 11, 2008
I love Youth Dew! I have it in the parfum and the body lotion, would love to try it in the bath oil one day.

YouCanCallMeMo

Basenotes Junkie
May 12, 2009
I use the vintage bath oil in the same way I use my modern Ava Luxe perfume oils....The waisted bottle always struck me as a bit "Baby Jane," especially with the name of the frag....reminded me of the whole "blood of virgins" creepfest, LOL.....

Youth Dew is one of the great underrated treasures out there. I love Estee Lauder for maintaining their classic frags and for continuing to make such distinctive scents. Even if they are not for me, I admire that they make no apologies, nor do they ever give the impression of being created by committee!

LeChypreSexy

Oct 13, 2022
I use the vintage bath oil in the same way I use my modern Ava Luxe perfume oils....The waisted bottle always struck me as a bit "Baby Jane," especially with the name of the frag....reminded me of the whole "blood of virgins" creepfest, LOL.....

Youth Dew is one of the great underrated treasures out there. I love Estee Lauder for maintaining their classic frags and for continuing to make such distinctive scents. Even if they are not for me, I admire that they make no apologies, nor do they ever give the impression of being created by committee!
Alliage. Now that one is distinctive!

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I don't even like Youth Dew, but I had to look at the Lauder website, and wow -- that 2.5 ounce cinched-waist bottle of EDP with the gold bow is still only $44. That's gotta be one of the best bargains around in perfumery.

And the 2-ounce bath oil is only $47. Bless their hearts, they still sell the dusting powder, too. Nobody does that any more.

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
With apologies for joining this thread so late, have also understood and gotten a certain sensation why especially vintage Youth Dew could be unisex.
As its richness and quite distinctive classic style can effortlessly stand out on wearers of either gender.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
I don't even like Youth Dew, but I had to look at the Lauder website, and wow -- that 2.5 ounce cinched-waist bottle of EDP with the gold bow is still only $44. That's gotta be one of the best bargains around in perfumery.

And the 2-ounce bath oil is only $47. Bless their hearts, they still sell the dusting powder, too. Nobody does that any more.
I agree

Niccax

Nov 14, 2022
I used to adore this perfume, it's amazing, but now I've moved on to something more feminine.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...