Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Jonesing for some osmanthus; Patou 1000 (circa 1980) to the rescue:

354dd16a77d91d6bce06d680a7f2a7c4.jpg

Toujours Mink

Feb 9, 2015
SOTM is/has been Canoe by Dana.

That would be very appropriate around here today, as we're having a lot of flooding. Good thing I live on top of the hill. Anyway, in an effort to stop the incessant rain, I'm wearing Safari. If that doesn't work, I may be joining you in your Canoe.

I haven't liked Safari yet, the several times I've tried it, but I've learned to keep things and keep trying in different seasons/weather. Today, I like it. Guess I'll take it off my swap list.

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
...and I went with Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green, Cochran, .5 oz mini.

First wear. A wonderful spicy-herbal-green soapy scent, pure and simple. I’m surprised at how herbal it is...the basil is strong to me, and I swear there’s a larger culinary bouquet present. Love it.

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
...and I went with Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green, Cochran, .5 oz mini.

First wear. A wonderful spicy-herbal-green soapy scent, pure and simple. I’m surprised at how herbal it is...the basil is strong to me, and I swear there’s a larger culinary bouquet present. Love it.

Yeah, it's a good one. Haven't tried vtg but current version is great too.

My two scents

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2016
Been working on the house today. Non stop for two days! Today I wore Patou Ma Liberte. Smells so nice!!! Very unisex. My SOTE in not a vintage but very nice as well. Feraud nuit des sens.

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
That would be very appropriate around here today, as we're having a lot of flooding. Good thing I live on top of the hill. Anyway, in an effort to stop the incessant rain, I'm wearing Safari. If that doesn't work, I may be joining you in your Canoe.

I haven't liked Safari yet, the several times I've tried it, but I've learned to keep things and keep trying in different seasons/weather. Today, I like it. Guess I'll take it off my swap list.

Sometimes things just don’t click at first. Or second. Or third. Glad to read you’re enjoying it now. Regarding Canoe, I have a bottle of the new stuff that never gets worn. Too powdery. But in vintage it’s so nice and about as easygoing a vanilla barbershop fragrance as you can come across.

How all is well and that you’re still high and dry!

Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Toujours Mink

Feb 9, 2015
Sometimes things just don’t click at first. Or second. Or third. Glad to read you’re enjoying it now. Regarding Canoe, I have a bottle of the new stuff that never gets worn. Too powdery. But in vintage it’s so nice and about as easygoing a vanilla barbershop fragrance as you can come across.

How all is well and that you’re still high and dry!

So far, so good. My husband is driving to Michigan tomorrow; I hope he doesn't have any problems!

Canoe is very familiar to me, as I wore Ambush in high school. It's basically Canoe with heliotrope, a fougere for women. I was also the ballerina in auto mechanics class ;-)

Stay out of reach of those gators!

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
So far, so good. My husband is driving to Michigan tomorrow; I hope he doesn't have any problems!

Canoe is very familiar to me, as I wore Ambush in high school. It's basically Canoe with heliotrope, a fougere for women. I was also the ballerina in auto mechanics class ;-)

Stay out of reach of those gators!

Well, I sincerely hope your husband has safe travels!

Tonight I’m wearing a rose fragrance for women, worn by men, and women. Chanel No19. Ballerina in mechanics class. An engine never worked on more gracefully, I’m thinking!

No worries about the gators. They’re essentially big puppy dogs. [emoji3]

My two scents

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2016
Myurgia 1916 today. FEMININE???? WTH? No way in hell my wife would wear this! Hahaha like Papsi said...it's a no brainer!
Thanks Papsi! I snagged a 70ml vintage for under $29! A must add to my collection at that price! Great summer work day fragrance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
SOTA is Creed Tabarome vtg. YumMe

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
SOTE is Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve that I decanted into a long since used-up empty bottle of GBH V.I.P. which I thought I'd recycle for this purpose, at least untill I get hold of new clear-glass bottles.
So, free'd of plastic the Pinaud has been sitting in glass for a month and now smells better than ever[emoji1]
821ddf5c98a494b17b940c581776d64c.jpg

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
SOTE is Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve that I decanted into a long since used-up empty bottle of GBH V.I.P. which I thought I'd recycle for this purpose, at least untill I get hold of new clear-glass bottles.
So, free'd of plastic the Pinaud has been sitting in glass for a month and now smells better than ever[emoji1]

This is basically the equivalent of pouring canned beer into a pint glass (which also works btw)

My two scents

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2016

Is that VIP bottle refillable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News