Your vintage SOTD 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

furrypine

Community Manager
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2007
The OG vintage SOTD is one of the longest in Basenotes history, I think. Sadly it became unstable not long after we crossed the 500-page mark, and at the moment I can't even access the last five pages of the thread. That we need to fix, but we also need to hop on over to a new thread, and I suggest we switch every year from now on.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
The OG vintage SOTD is one of the longest in Basenotes history, I think. Sadly it became unstable not long after we crossed the 500-page mark, and at the moment I can't even access the last five pages of the thread. That we need to fix, but we also need to hop on over to a new thread, and I suggest we switch every year from now on.

Good idea! I'd been wondering about the stability of that behemoth.

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015
Ah but it is the best thread here :)
yearly one is great
I floated that idea early in the history but was not an issue then so went nowhere

Earlyn

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 14, 2019
Since my post on the vintages bought thread went off to the ether I am posting this here as best as I can remember - pardon me.
This fragrance doesn’t get much attention, but Lauren is the first perfume I ever wore regularly, as it was given to me by my (at that time Polo wearing) boyfriend, now longtime husband when we were on the verge of adulthood. This is a new acquisition to replace that original bottle that I lost track of many years ago. Its very well preserved (like I strive to be).
D236D69D-68EF-4406-9C5F-76DFDAE7A60B.jpg

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
SOTE: Patou Pour Homme by Jean Patou

il_794xN.1753186408_lbrl.jpg

Sisyphus

May 11, 2018
My bottle of Monsieur Carven came in yesterday, so it's a no brainer. Also working from home, so no need to go light on the trigger.

IMG_20190925_190928.jpg

Sisyphus

May 11, 2018
Is this the bottle that came after the bottle where the "L'Homme" is centered right (see picture below)? And how does it compare with it (if you smelled both of course)?
I'm looking for a vintage bottle, preferably 50ml and with spray, but have a hard time finding one (at least a bottle as pictured below).

s-l300.jpg

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
Is this the bottle that came after the bottle where the "L'Homme" is centered right (see picture below)? And how does it compare with it (if you smelled both of course)?
I'm looking for a vintage bottle, preferably 50ml and with spray, but have a hard time finding one (at least a bottle as pictured below).

View attachment 109474

Is it me you are asking?
My bottle is from 2017 and smells really really REALLY nice. It's citrusy green spicy with a mossy-woody creamy feel to it. Not that much more different than the mid-vtg '90s/'00s version except the latter is mossier.
Deep vtg is full, mossy and creamy.
I'll search for mid-vtg myself and don't really care about deep-vtg in this case.

Sisyphus

May 11, 2018
Is it me you are asking?
My bottle is from 2017 and smells really really REALLY nice. It's citrusy green spicy with a mossy-woody creamy feel to it. Not that much more different than the mid-vtg '90s/'00s version except the latter is mossier.
Deep vtg is full, mossy and creamy.
I'll search for mid-vtg myself and don't really care about deep-vtg in this case.

Yes, sorry forgot to quote you.
Thanks for the useful information! I think my sample is deep vtg (bottle with the "l'homme" centered right)? Full, mossy and creamy are indeed words I associate it with and what I love about it. From what I gather from you, current formulation is probably not really what I'm searching for. I think my quest will remain for deep vintage.

Avecesar

Nov 16, 2011
Reply to Sisyphus :

I own both versions , vintage and current. I have no idea if my vintage bottle is a "deep" or a "light" one (lot nbr indicates Feb. 2016 which is obviously wrong) but, as an "average" nose, I can say that both are excellent scents with outstanding drydowns. I wear both with same pleasure.
I believe Versace L'Homme is a vey under rated scent !

IMG_4477.jpg

Sisyphus

May 11, 2018
Reply to Sisyphus :

I own both versions , vintage and current. I have no idea if my vintage bottle is a "deep" or a "light" one (lot nbr indicates Feb. 2016 which is obviously wrong) but, as an "average" nose, I can say that both are excellent scents with outstanding drydowns. I wear both with same pleasure.
I believe Versace L'Homme is a vey under rated scent !

View attachment 109493

Thanks for your input Avecesar, appreciated. Maybe I just need to go find me a sample of the current stuff so I can smell for myself.

I agree with you that it's a under rated scent. I think I wore it around four times to work now, and sort of find it just perfect for that purpose. It's a very elegant but easy going scent that is not going to offend coworkers. It is different enough though from other designers to stand apart from the crowd. And especially that creamy drydown is just fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News