Your Vintage Scent of the Day (SOTD)

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014
SOTE: M de Morabito Aftershave (but strength of an EDT on me)

SJKJGu0.jpg

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
My vintage scent of the day is Ralph Lauren Polo, from a 100-ml tester.

Appropriate, since it's Ralph Lauren's birthday today (83 years old). It's easy to make fun of RL's design ethic and its fetishizing of colonialism, but there's no denying his enormous impact on American design in general.

I'll join you in Polo's big sister: Lauren (1978) by Bernard Chant for Ralph Lauren

This and the original Halston are pure 1970's in a bottle to me. I was working as a waitress when this came out and I still have specific, vivid memories of compliments I got on it and the people they came from.

Laurens_Mine_Feb2020.jpg

Last edited:

Tristan45

Jun 30, 2017
Tristan, what year do you think that gift coffret in the red box might be from?
I think with the date code for a "5" year, no ingredients listed anywhere, no greendot etc that it's probably 1985. The box style seems very 80's too. Any bottle labelled Cologne in the US or Eau de Cologne in Europe should deliver the something close to the original formula, ie before oakmoss restrictions. One of the best chypres targetted for men, but given how closely related it is to Cabochard and Azuree I'm sure anyone could wear it. I remember that Dalya on Sebastian's YouTube channel is a fan of wearing it

Latest News