MiamiRobbie

Aug 28, 2012
e75ac5a4194d83950c9e41f3409b9124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
My vintage scent of the day is Antaeus Pour Homme Sport Cologne.

IMG_6146.jpg

I'm a bit behind on logging my wearings with the SOTD feature.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Helloooo LJ!

I don't have a vintage scent on today, but just wanted to see who was here as an early adopter. And here's you and Bavard posting as if nothing unusual had happened!

I think I'm going to have to ease into this... and I obviously need a lesson in avatar adjustment. And this new system turned your own avatar into a billiard ball.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Well in, AlphaFrank! I hope you enjoyed your custom cologne. 100 ml, with atomizer. Nice find!

I'm giving Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree another go.

Roger & Gallet l'Homme Vintage rectangle bottle.

Sounds nice!

Here's the list

1. Tuscany
2. Egoiste Platinum
3. Antaeus Sport
4. Pour Monsieur Concentree

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012

Didn't Grant say something about us being able to log those retroactively now, under the new system? That's a cool feature, 'cause I'm always forgetting to do it.

Nice new avatar, Bavard. Your girls always seem to be variations of Audrey Hepburn.

Last edited:

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
60693055-6032-47EA-A58D-F080088BE17D.jpeg

Chanel - Cuir de Russie EdT

Dr. T. is singing tonight, so I’m wearing a sure thing to go with that.

No, it’s not at a French or Russian restaurant.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
For Thursday, 30th September

I've been pulling out perfumes that I missed wearing during the stifling heat of summer, and first on the list was --

Safari EDC (1990) by Dominique Ropion for Ralph Lauren

This sun-struck chypre feels much older than a 1990 scent. And its cut-glass bottle and crystal stopper are a bit of a kitschy guilty pleasure for me.

Safari.EDC.mine2.jpg

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
Helloooo LJ!

I don't have a vintage scent on today, but just wanted to see who was here as an early adopter. And here's you and Bavard posting as if nothing unusual had happened!

I think I'm going to have to ease into this... and I obviously need a lesson in avatar adjustment. And this new system turned your own avatar into a billiard ball.

Ha! I think I would have been fine with my avatar, but now I'm stuck on the billiard ball!

I haven't spent much time in here yet...just tested the login and made that quick post. I'm liking it in here, but yeah, navigation will take a little relearning. I like the new "chat" thing. That's fun.

What are the "year" icons ya'll have under your avatars? I want some, to go with my martini.

Yesterday was Hugo Boss, and today is Antaeus.

The cold weather has arrived!!

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
923C6E9D-83B9-4E72-977D-E20F053FD397.jpeg

SOTE: Pierre Cardin - Choc

I'll have more to say at some point, but off the bat, this is one of the oddest fragrances I've ever smelled, befitting Pierre Cardin the avant-garde designer. I'm not sure I like it, but mad respect to PC and perfumer Françoise Caron for releasing this "fruity floral" that conjurs images of fruit and flowers from another planet.

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
SOTE: Pierre Cardin - Choc

I'll have more to say at some point, but off the bat, this is one of the oddest fragrances I've ever smelled, befitting Pierre Cardin the avant-garde designer. I'm not sure I like it, but mad respect to PC and perfumer Françoise Caron for releasing this "fruity floral" that conjurs images of fruit and flowers from another planet.

Really? It's never seemed that much of an oddball to me. Fruity for sure, but not especially floral on my skin and with a fairly classic greenish chypre ending.

In fact, on me it's kind of like a downmarket Diorella without the garbage note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News