Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
375x500.1032.jpg

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I’m finally getting the apple pie from Egoiste that PureCaramel mentions.

FAA579E5-A9C6-4922-A1D4-2FD71570A8EF.jpeg

I think it works.

Tristan45

Jun 30, 2017
Jolie Madame.jpg

One of Germaine Cellier's masterpieces, a leather chypre, laden with violet leaves, white flowers, oakmoss, and warm animalics. There's always a new facet to smell and appreciate in this one. Avoid the re-issue version unless you crave disappointment.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
One of Germaine Cellier's masterpieces, a leather chypre, laden with violet leaves, white flowers, oakmoss, and warm animalics. There's always a new facet to smell and appreciate in this one. Avoid the re-issue version unless you crave disappointment.

Ah, Tristan45, I swear you are my vintage scent twin. It's almost eerie.

I'm wearing the second Sync Cologne of the day:

Eau de Roche (1948, Edmond Roudnitska) (1970, Nicolas Mamounas) for Rochas

EauDeRoche_Rochas_advert.jpg

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
Tonite, a bonafied classic - 4711 Kölnisch Wasser/Eau de Cologne.
Almost every danish household had a bottle of this, which popularity peaked in the glorious 1970s. My sealed bottle arrived a couple of days ago. It's at least 35-40 years old and must have been extremely well stored, because the top-notes are shining brilliantly! The first 2-3 seconds reminds me kind of a more citrusy opening of Agua Brava, and then it swiftly enters the familiar territory of a classic eaux. And then, it's over. 20-30 minutes tops. Just as it should be, for this kind of "fresher-up" water[emoji106]
ad9b0506e3320486a7b9fc018e1a77a7.jpg

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I've put on some Pour Monsieur Concentree for the evening.

IMG_6064 (1).jpg

It's had a surprisingly good start considering I was down on it a bit during the previous wearing. We can be a bit on again, off again.

Tristan45

Jun 30, 2017
infini.jpg

Abstract, aldehydic, there's a dark, dusky rose contrasted with green and white florals, warm musk and sandalwood - very poised, very old school French perfumery. Today's Infini is a completely different affair, a fruity floral thing that has little to commend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News