Your Vintage Scent of the Day (SOTD) Q3 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014
Nice choice, and happy birthday ! It's mine, too !

A belated happy birthday to you Jean-Ste!

My SOTE: Sergio Tacchini

bw15i72.jpg

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
A day for some No. 5, from 1985.

That box is mighty pristine for being 35 years old. I can never understand why my vintage Chanel boxes are always more decrepit than any other boxes I own. They're more prone to foxing, and the black edges are always chipped and dinged.

I mean, they're Chanel, ferchrissake. You'd think they could produce a sturdier box than anyone else.

Jean-Sté

Jan 1, 2021
That box is mighty pristine for being 35 years old. I can never understand why my vintage Chanel boxes are always more decrepit than any other boxes I own. They're more prone to foxing, and the black edges are always chipped and dinged.

I mean, they're Chanel, ferchrissake. You'd think they could produce a sturdier box than anyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpmFXFQgsPQ

I totally agree with Chris on this one.

Tristan45

Jun 30, 2017

It's got an outer box with cellophane (with the batch code printed on the cellophane that does match the bottle!). It was only unwrapped a couple of months ago. Smells heavenly, and that box is pristine ....for now.

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
Krizia Moods Uomo surprised me today. I've been on the fence with this but wow, today I loved it! The opening punch reminded me of SMN Peau d'Espagne quite a bit, something I haven't really registered before.

Jean-Sté

Jan 1, 2021
For my tastes, not as stunning as the bottle. Opinions range widely on Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli from “dark and earthy” to “sweet and vanillic.” I’d have preferred the former; I perceived the latter. It’s quality stuff, but the profile isn’t my style.

Thanks for your thoughts, PStoller !

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
My vintage scent of the day is Chanel No. 5, comparing these two.

IMG_6411.jpg

They're unreasonably different for having the same label. The lighter-colored one is more about incense and the darker one is more floral. Wearing them side by side, I like the half-full darker one more. I'm thinking it's a little older and/or from a better year for jasmine.

Tristan45

Jun 30, 2017
Miss Dior.jpg

A splash of Miss Dior Cologne, followed by a few dabs of extrait. It always shocks me at just how skanky and animalic this one is. Today's Originale is a tamer beast altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News