7T5ki78.jpg

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
SOTE:

86767FE7-B4D3-434F-A0D8-D7561E2F1962.jpg

Farmacia SS Annunziata - Patchouly Indonesiano

Given that it’s a soliflore, I can’t see why this should be any different from the current issue in the opaque bottle, but as it’s the old packaging, I’ll put it here. Per my research, if any patchouli can go toe-to-toe with Santa Maria Novella, it would be this. Marvelously earthy, though not quite as dirty/leathery as the SMN. One spray per forearm: I don’t want to get divorced.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I went with Patou Pour Homme last night, from the splash. It was good. This morning, I thought the base might have been Antaeus Sport - I'm not sure what happened there.

IMG_6057.jpg

This morning, I've gone with this spray of Chanel for Men.

IMG_6366.jpg

For whatever reason - maybe the year it was made - this version smells to me like the vintage Miss Dior edt spray we have. Now that I've made that association, I'm a bit thrown off. I just took the picture - it shows I haven't worn this much at all. I had done some testing on paper among the different versions I have, and this version smelled great on paper. On skin, I'm struggling to get used to it being so different from the splash.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Eight or ten years ago, when Balmain repackaged and attempted to revive their classic scents, I bought them all out of a sense of house loyalty. The only one of them that gained a permanent place in my wardrobe is this classic, dark green chypre -- which was, of course, discontinued -- reminiscent of the great perfumes that Germaine Cellier created for Balmain. Sharp, cool, green, and bone-dry.

Balmain de Balmain (1998)

35cebdda282ebc9d704e08b6cf11ec7a--balmain-parfums.jpg

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I wanted to wear something that turned 40 this year, just like I did today.

Golly, our little dragon isn't a baby any more. They grow up so fast.

It's mine, too !

Well, it truly is a Red Letter Day around here. You're both just tremendous assets to Basenotes, and we're all so lucky to have you.

Many, many happily perfumed returns to you both!

Jean-Sté

Jan 1, 2021

Well, it truly is a Red Letter Day around here. You're both just tremendous assets to Basenotes, and we're all so lucky to have you.

Thank you so much, lady Cook.bot ! I'm happy to have each and every one here at Basenotes; I've learned a lot thanks to all of you !

Sir Varanis Ridari is a reference for me, for the scents of course, but also because by reading his reviews, I improve my language.

Have a nice day all !

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012

I'd say some people (several of whom who reside on my ignore list) actually wish I wasn't here! Thanks for the continuing vote of confidence though, and happy birthday to Jean too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest News