Oct 25, 2007
vector-black-ribbon-vector-id915202824

SOTE: Gatsby by Pacoma

16853_aff69c4c077dae11b51871ea244fe2fb_gatsby.jpg

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
My vintage scent of the day is Chanel Antaeus Sport Cologne.

IMG_6146 (1).jpg

The good stuff.

Avecesar

Nov 16, 2011
The juice in my aftershave is green. One would assume the aftershave would smell similar to the EDT but are there cases where that isn’t true?
nosey, if you take a look to the images available on line, you will notice that Carven EdT juice is mostly yellowish and A/S greenish . Maybe this is only a marketing trick that has nothing to do with the smell, I don't know ...:undecided:

Sheik Yerbouti

oakmoss fiend
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2017
yay! I wore Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui yesterday and noted its similarity to Antaeus...love Antaeus, it's one of the greatest ever from Chanel.

Yes! It registers to my nose like a hybrid between Antaeus and VCAAPH.
ODLRPL is great (except the opening). I always have to wait for that initial blast of galbanum and caraway to subside though as they come across as a funky cumin lol.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
It's nice to see some 21 Club. Interesting pick.

PStoller wore this back in July which peaked my interest. Found a cheap bottle and thought why not. Kind of reminds me of a lighter version of Antaeus.
I may have to A/B them some day. Regardless, 21 Club is (for the moment, at least) a bargain for lovers of the style.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Not sure how vintage this particular bottle is—Mudassir would know—but I miss posting here, so…

SOTE:

3F6DCAEC-05FC-4FC8-95BF-704346432087.jpg

Santa Maria Novella - Patchouli (allegedly from the 19th century CE)

This kicks off roughly a week of patchouli fragrances so I can familiarize myself with the note. SMN’s “reference patchouli” is earthy-funky up front, with allusions to camphor, potting soil, and petroleum, but there’s a sweetness underneath that keeps the overall scent rich and multidimensional. Despite the EdC designation, a little of this goes a very long way. And if I wear too much, my wife will go a very long way away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest News