Your top 5 guerlain female perfumes?

Warum

Apr 4, 2010
I have bottles of Chant d'Aromes, Samsara, and AA Tiare Mimosa. I have more than one decant of Mitsouko. I wish I bought L'Heure Bleue and L'Instant before the big change.
I do like Rose Nacre but I don't think it's unique (to me, your mileage is likely to vary).
I also have Nahema but I haven't worn roses in a while.
I go through stages with Shalimar - love it and wear it and then move it out of rotation with a thought of giving it away. Then I come back to it.

grayspoole

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 4, 2014
The numbers are arbitrary and could be different on a different day
Same here.

After a brief period during which I labored under the misconception that all Guerlains were too sweet and vanilla-laden for me, I now love many vintage Guerlains. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with any pre-1990 Guerlain bottle in a good state of preservation—parfum, PDT, EDT, or EDC.. It may not be your cup of tea, but the quality of the perfume will be undeniable, and it will put most modern perfumes to shame.

So here’s a list...I would say vintage for most of these, especially Nahema which is almost unrecognizable to me in its modern form, but I have modern as well as vintage bottles of Mitsouko and L’Heure Bleue and the modern vesions are very good. (Bonnette has almost convinced me that I need the new Après L’Ondée EDT.)

1. Vol de Nuit
2. Chamade
3. Nahema
4. Mitsouko
5. Parure
5. L’Heure Bleue (Yes, I have two #5’s)

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Same here.

After a brief period during which I labored under the misconception that all Guerlains were too sweet and vanilla-laden for me, I now love many vintage Guerlains. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with any pre-1990 Guerlain bottle in a good state of preservation—parfum, PDT, EDT, or EDC.. It may not be your cup of tea, but the quality of the perfume will be undeniable, and it will put most modern perfumes to shame.

So here’s a list...I would say vintage for most of these, especially Nahema which is almost unrecognizable to me in its modern form, but I have modern as well as vintage bottles of Mitsouko and L’Heure Bleue and the modern vesions are very good. (Bonnette has almost convinced me that I need the new Après L’Ondée EDT.)

1. Vol de Nuit
2. Chamade
3. Nahema
4. Mitsouko
5. Parure
5. L’Heure Bleue (Yes, I have two #5’s)
There's a lot of really interesting vintage Guerlains. Personally I went further and sought out a good number of the obsolete Guerlains. Djedi, Coque d'or, Rue de La Paix, Fleur de Feu, Double d'Oranger, Fleur Qui Mert, Lavande, Gardenia, Guerlarose, Cuir de Russie, Heliotrope Blanc, Jasmiralda. From these there were quite a few nice gems that are worth exploring.

Kotori

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
If favorites are determined by wearings, my current top 5 are:

1. Shalimar Cologne
2. Angelique Noire
3. Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune
4. Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route du Mexique
5. Mitsouko

But of course it isn’t always about what you wear most, as there are three that deserve a mention:

With Love- my wedding perfume that I usually reserve for anniversaries, dates, weddings, and the like.

Jicky- on and off my wishlists, always out of samples. I’d certainly wear it if I owned it. Still deciding on a formulation. I like the parfum best, I think.

Shalimar Eau Legere - If I owned a bottle of this discontinued beauty that together with Pamplelune got me into perfume, I’d be wearing it instead of Shalimar Cologne.

purplelilac

Mar 13, 2012
Shalimar Eau Legere is supringingly versatile, it has a strong citrusy feel that I enjoy. Works well in the summer.
I agree completely. I remember feeling so lucky to have found a bottle years ago when it was popular on this forum. I live in hot, humid Singapore and it blooms in this weather. I think the description we used back then was lemon cream pie.

YouCanCallMeMo

May 12, 2009
1) Mitsouko (vintage extrait)
2) Vol de Nuit (vintage extrait, esp the drydown)
3) Samsara (Again, Vintage extrait)
4) L'Heure Bleue (I have the modern EDP and it packs a wallop!)
5) Chamade (vintage EDT)

zerofox

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 31, 2020
Do share if our excitement for it is mutual or if you're silently cursing me right now!
Bravissima! The rind is perfection with just a hint of sweetness and supporting notes. My spouse’s nose (very Gen-X Southern Chinese) is primed for light, fresh citrus rind and Pamplelune seems to capture citrus rind and pith.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Bravissima! The rind is perfection with just a hint of sweetness and supporting notes. My spouse’s nose (very Gen-X Southern Chinese) is primed for light, fresh citrus rind and Pamplelune seems to capture citrus rind and pith.
I'm glad you like it!
It's really my favourite grapefruit scent, and I keep trying various grapefruits as it's probably my favourite note. I like how it's bright and dark at the same time.

Latest News