Your Favorite Women’s Hermes Fragrances?

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Yes, the ads for Merveilles line are spectacular!

I really like how they look so magical, so festive and also aren't sexualized like so many things these days. It's not that I have anything against sex, but so many ads try to portray scents as something that will make you desirable that it just gets kind of tedious.
And these images are very refreshing.

Evangeline

Oct 31, 2009
You said it, sister. That imagery tells a much more fascinating story than, "My shiny pout is sexy/I have bewbs." But I'd love to be on the beach with that woman in the Hermès ad, hopefully finding my own enchanted flacon that rewards me with a shower of Eau des Merveilles-scented sparkles and shooting stars! 😊

Last edited:

Ahimsa

Dec 2, 2016
Definitely Rouge Hermès. Many years ago there was Parfum d’Hermès

Absolutely agree. Love them.
both vintage and can be found for a good price.

Will add Eau De Merveilles (the OG).
Bel Ami (vintage, if money is no object.) It's heavenly.
Technically it's for men but pay no attention to that.

They also make collection sets of the Jardins & the Colognes ... nice way to try.
The Cologne collection is lovely with their alluringly colored bottles!

I enjoy most of the Hermessence scents but they're more expensive and lasting power is somewhat lacking.

purplelilac

Mar 13, 2012
I love Galop but it is a big, bold scent.
For a very gentle one, I like Rose Ikebana.
And for the holidays, the chocolaty goodness of Eau de Merveilles is a comfort.

RHM

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Eau Des Merveilles & it's variations (Amber, Claire & Blue) are my most worn Hermes; including the fantastic body creme. I haven't tried the Elixir version though; the chocolate note it a bit off putting.
I regret selling my Hiris. My nose hadn't grown up enough to appreciate it.

I will definitely check out the Parfum d'Hermes. If it's anything like my beloved Chamade, I'll enjoy it.

Last edited:

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I don't get any chocolate in Elixir, for what it's worth.

It just feels like an amplified/concentrated version of the original.
Interesting, as to me they're different fragrances albeit on the same theme. Eau is dry and drift-woody, and Elixir has a very prominent candied orange note, it feels thick, sticky and almost boozy to me.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Interesting, as to me they're different fragrances albeit on the same theme. Eau is dry and drift-woody, and Elixir has a very prominent candied orange note, it feels thick, sticky and almost boozy to me.
The candied orange is what distinguishes Elixir from Eau - but if you compare them side by side you can detect that same candied element in Eau (it's just significantly more subtle).

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
The candied orange is what distinguishes Elixir from Eau - but if you compare them side by side you can detect that same candied element in Eau (it's just significantly more subtle).
Yes, I did that and I agree it is there, but like I said, to me they still feel like different fragrances on the same theme, not like different concentrations of the same fragrance.

Evangeline

Oct 31, 2009
I will definitely check out the Parfum d'Hermes.
You definitely should!
If it's anything like my beloved Chamade,
It is, thanks to that hyacinth.
I'll enjoy it.
I can't imagine any other outcome. If Parfum d'Hermès proves too difficult to find, I'd suggest Rouge Hermès, though it is much denser and more resinous than Chamade. I've always considered Rouge my "Winter Chamade."

Latest News