Your Favorite Chanel & Your Favorite Dior.

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
I tried these thanks to this thread! Well, I believe the Fahrenheit recommendation actually began in a different one.

Anyways, I enjoyed them both, so both are your recommendations are fantastic.
Great to hear! They're both great houses from my limited exposure, though I lean away from their really mainstream stuff (Sauvage, Bleu de Chanel, Allure).

A few other favorites include Chanel's Egoiste and Paris-Edimbourg and Dior's Eau Sauvage EDT and Eau Sauvage Parfum (which are completely different scents but great in different ways).

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
Great to hear! They're both great houses from my limited exposure, though I lean away from their really mainstream stuff (Sauvage, Bleu de Chanel, Allure).

A few other favorites include Chanel's Egoiste and Paris-Edimbourg and Dior's Eau Sauvage EDT and Eau Sauvage Parfum (which are completely different scents but great in different ways).

Thank you so much 🙂 I have a sample of Egoiste that I’ve yet to try, and look forward to putting the others on my “to try” list!

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
Thank you so much 🙂 I have a sample of Egoiste that I’ve yet to try, and look forward to putting the others on my “to try” list!
Egoiste took me a few tries to fully come to terms with - the opening originally struck me as strange, but then it dries down to this lovely rosewood, vanilla, sandalwood base that hangs around forever. It’s since become a favorite. If you ever get the chance to try the vintage stuff, it’s another animal - much stronger clove, carnation, fresh rose, real mysore sandalwood, and ambrette seed. Unbelievably beautiful. The modern juice is still excellent, but with ingredient restrictions what they are, it doesn’t have the same depth. Either way, hope you like it!

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Feb 8, 2017
Egoiste took me a few tries to fully come to terms with - the opening originally struck me as strange, but then it dries down to this lovely rosewood, vanilla, sandalwood base that hangs around forever. It’s since become a favorite. If you ever get the chance to try the vintage stuff, it’s another animal - much stronger clove, carnation, fresh rose, real mysore sandalwood, and ambrette seed. Unbelievably beautiful. The modern juice is still excellent, but with ingredient restrictions what they are, it doesn’t have the same depth. Either way, hope you like it!
Toxicon, it's taken me some time to appreciate this one too. Much like it did to come to love Habit Rouge

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022

I appreciate you taking the time to share all of this with me! I wasn’t aware that Egoiste could take a few times to understand - it’s so well-loved that I thought it would be a sure thing - so thank you for that information.

The vintage sounds gorgeous. Thank you for the well wishes, I hope I like it as well!

Diamondflame

(Almost) Off the Grid
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Hard to pick just one from each house.

CHANEL
Cuir de Russie
No. 22
No. 19 edt
31 rue Cambon
Bois des Iles
Sycomore edt

DIOR
Diorissimo (vtg)
Fahrenheit
Dior Homme
Granville
Addict

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...