Your Favorite Chanel & Your Favorite Dior.

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
My long term favourites would be Egoiste and Fahrenheit. Based on wears over the last 2 years, newer favourites would be Boy Chanel and Bois d'Argent - though I have liked Bois d'Argent for a while.

I have Fahrenheit on the way, and have been wildly curious about Egoiste - there’s a lot of love for it here.

I do like Boy quite a bit, but have yet to experience Bois d’Argent.

Thank you!

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
Dior:
Vanilla Diorama
Eden-Roc
Lucky
La Colle Noire
Rouge Trafalgar
Gris Dior
Poison Girl EDT
J'adore Absolu (2018)
Pure Poison
Hypnotic Poison EDP
Sauvage Parfum

Chanel:
Chance EDP
Coco Mademoiselle EDP
Coco Mademoiselle Intense
Gabrielle
N.o 5 L'eau

I know that you know your way around many Chanel and Diors 😊

This is a great list. I’ve experienced all of the Chanels, but there are quite a few Diors there that I have yet to try.

Thank you!

CharonLRdraws

Ledi Perehodov Arts
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2022
I know that you know your way around many Chanel and Diors 😊

This is a great list. I’ve experienced all of the Chanels, but there are quite a few Diors there that I have yet to try.

Thank you!
I started collecting Diors way before I discovered Chanel but Chanel is responsible for me collecting fragrances as a passion project.

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
For classic, my favorite Chanel would be Chanel Egoiste EDT. For modern, my favorite would be Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDT Cologne Concentree.

For classic, my favorite Dior would be Dior Jules. For modern, my favorite would be Dior Homme Intense (silver collar).

Thank you so much for covering both classic and modern!

rexsport

Feb 26, 2022
While I have truly enjoyed men’s fragrances all of my adult life I have only become a collector (dare I say “fanatic”?) for about eighteen months. Prior to that time I would refer to my modest assortment of fragrances generically as “men’s cologne “. Thanks primarily to this website I have charged headlong into a desperate attempt to “catch up” by experiencing as many different fragrances as I can. I never thought I would daily pore over so many perfume reviews! My knowledge of the subject matter and my collection is growing weekly. Having said this much as context for my response to the OP and modestly deferring to the knowledge and experience of others I would say:

Chanel: Platinum Egoiste
Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017)

Nastka

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 6, 2011
Chanel: Easy. Bois des Iles Parfum
Dior: Oof, tough one. Dior Addict probably, because I'm a sucker for jasmine, and it's a very underrated scent. Other than that, love Fahrenheit and lately enjoyed Balade Sauvage.

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
Chanel - Antaeus vintage (80' version)

Dior - Homme Intense

=====

Chanel - Egoiste

It was for a long time by far the number one favorite. But since I started to pay more attention to perfumes, the waxy-fatty aldehydes began to bother me big time. The vintage version is better, but the aldehydes are even more troublesome.

It was hard, but I don't want to be sentimental regarding perfumes. I mean, even though they delighted my nose for a long time, I don't owe them my loyalty. I don't owe therm nothing. They're just some bottles in my closet.

_Nicolas_

Aug 16, 2021
I’m beginning to think that Egoiste may have to be mandatory.

It's certainly a must-try in my book! Unlike its Platinum flanker, it wasn't an instant love for me, but a much lighter application and a couple of years of being really intrigued by it and trying to get my head around it changed that. Love it when a perfume initially challenges me, but eventually clicks! Still not my favourite Chanel, but it's fantastic as an occasional wear in the depths of Winter!

I really need to try this.

YES.

imm0rtelle

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 2, 2021
Dior: Vintage Dior Homme
The creative director behind the original formulation of Dior Homme, Hedi Slimane, has reclaimed the DNA and created a spiritual successor at Celine. It is called Bois Dormant. I find Bois Dormant to be the more refined upscale version, and captures that spirit of the original Dior Homme that Francois' reformulation didn't quite get right. The opening of Bois Dormant is better in my opinion. I find the tartness and the cinnamon-like spice in the original a bit jarring.

celine-parfum-bois-dormant-scaled.jpg

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Chanel: Cuir de Russie, Antaeus, Chanel pour Monsieur, Égoïste - probably in that order

Dior: Jules, Eau Sauvage, Fahrenheit - in any order

There are, of course, other contenders from both houses. I’m mostly familiar with the vintage stuff. I’m not terribly impressed with the Chanel Exclusifs (even the EDTs); I’ve been happier with the couple of Dior Privées I’ve tried.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...