Your essential fragrances

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
It's hard to say always, but I think I should be set with Antaeus, Patou Pour Homme, Polo, Bel Ami, and Egoiste. These are backed up and almost always get a good response, especially the first three.

Andylalal

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 2, 2022
I really cant say I have any dislikes in my collection. I have, but have given them away to friends or family who happen to like them so I'm glad to gift them.

I could make a list but then the next purchase very well could make the list outdated! Ha!

That being said, there sure are standouts. Just got Bel Ami a couple weeks ago and am like, "This is the best fragrance ever!"

But even my favorites seem to rotate around. Time to turn my brain off 🤯

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Nothing overly complicated, just a few basics in a quite classic style- mainly but not limited to:

a citrus like ADP Colonia or Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, a leather like Creed REL and/or Knize Ten, some fougeres along the lines of Brut, Amouage Bracken, Sartorial, Sir Irisch Moos and/or Caron Yatagan, some lavender like l'Occitan and/or Caron pour un Homme, also at least one traditional tobacco like Chanel Antaeus or Creed Tabarome

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Chanel Egoiste EDT/Cologne Concentree
Chanel Antaeus EDT/Sport
Chanel Pour Monsieur
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
Dior Homme Intense
Dior Jules
Givenchy Gentleman
Guerlain Derby
Guerlain Vetiver
Guerlain Heritage
Guerlain Sous Le Vent
Guerlain Mitsouko
Guerlain Vol de Nuit
Hermes Bel Ami
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Millesime Imperial
Creed Virgin Island Water

pouring

Basenotes Dependent
May 22, 2013
Acqua Di Parma Colonia

I rarely wear it these days as the longevity frustrates me.

But it was my signature scent for many years and th scent my wife most associates with as I bathed in it during the heady early days of our courtship and marriage.

Sometimes I wish I hadn’t moved on. But I have loved the journey.

Bois Imperial is my current favourite and the closest to being a signature since AdP Colonia

Hugh V.

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 9, 2016
Drakkar Noir
Thee men's fragrance of the 80s, and the scent of the era I have the most nostalgia for. I equate it with everything wonderful about that decade. And it still has a fresh aspect to it that I'm attributing to reformulation. I would always have to have a bottle.

Azzaro Pour Homme
I didn't grow up with this fragrance, so no big anchors to nostalgia. That said, it really is an exceptional fragrance. I'm more partial to DN, but Azzaro PH is probably the most perfect barbershop fragrance ever created. And it's an incredibly distinctive scent that I haven't seen replicated with anything else.

Eternity for Men
I think this was my 2nd love as a kid, with DN being #1. A lot of nostalgia and it still smells great in 2022.

John Varvatos Vintage
I love the old school "alpha" classics, but maybe their too alpha for me, as I find that Polo, Z-14, and stuff like Santos feel too heavy on my skin, to the point that my face starts to sweat. JV Vintage is a homage to stuff like Polo, Z-14 and even DN, while being a far smoother wear. It's not even my favorite fragrance, but I really enjoy the vibe it gives me while I'm wearing it. I can't say I've found another fragrance that checks the same boxes that this one does.

Latest News