Your biggest/best performer?

Miltz

Mar 3, 2020
I'm curious as to what everybody's best performer is from their collection (in terms of longevity with a medium-high projection). I'll be honest, I'm keen to see if there are any recurring frags here that would be worth looking at!

For me, my longest performers are:

Kilian - Black Phantom
LPDO - Vanille Persuasive (super affordable, which is great!)
Mugler - Pure Havane

All of my strongest performers over time are quite sweet and sticky.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing yours..

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
ALD Antiquity
LV Ombre Nomade
Dior Homme Parfum
Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint - almost too long
Nishane Fan Your Flames
Mancera Hindu Kush
FDB Sahraa Oud
Dior Tobacolor

dougczar

Mar 3, 2012
These are possibly the longest lasting ones in my collection:

BN9 - New York Amber
Dior - Oud Ispahan
SHL777 - Black Gemstone
Tom Ford - Amber Absolute
Ermenegildo Zegna - Indonesian Oud

goodsmellingviking

Jul 7, 2010
Dior homme original formula hands down, it even outclass joop homme origina formulal in projection and lasting power.

To mutch, even for me so i sold it, after one evening with the dior homme i could smell it even the day after quite strongly on me, and on all clothes etc, to mutch of the good.

NettyYeti

Jan 28, 2016
In terms of sheer tenacity - those fragrances which aren’t necessarily cloying but last so long and are so strong you wish by the end of the day they would finally relent - I can think of these from my collection:

Carven L’eau Intense
Jovan Musk for Men
Lalique Encre Noire a l’Extreme
YSL Kouros
(modern formulation)

Honorable mention to Guerlain LIDGE, Hanae Mori H.M., John Varvatos Artisan Pure, and Versace The Dreamer. All of these can be toned down with careful application, but are still very strong performers for me.

Others that I don’t notice as strong, but which my wife finds particularly tenacious:

Dior Fahrenheit Parfum
Dunhill Century
Lalique Pour Homme Equus

Finally, though I’ve read much about the potency of the A*men line (and now own the original and four flankers), the only one that I found too strong was Pure Wood. I don’t own it, but I thought it worth mentioning. I get the impression that Mugler has toned down the line over the years (the ones I own are all post-IFRA reformulation).

There are plenty of others I don’t own that I find cloying, but the above should give you an idea of my tolerance level. I generally prefer more understated fragrances. I think some of the perception of performance has to do with a particular person’s sensitivity to certain notes or aromachemicals, the same way some people just can’t tolerate foods with certain ingredients.

Foamywax

May 2, 2013
Hands down first batches of Eros and vintage Jaipur edp
A*men from the 90's and vintage Joop
Pure wood + Pure tonka are beast mode too.

Fugufish

May 30, 2020
Used to be Xerjoff Erba Pura before I sold it. You could scent a baseball stadium with one spray for days…or something along these lines [emoji6]

I am assuming Profumum Roma will soon pop up, their concoctions are usually nuclear as well.

One of my favorite strong performers is Simone Andreoli‘s L‘Or du Sillage as well as Malibu Party in the Bay. Pleasant all day scents with next day factor.

I saw AdP Colonia Leather up there and I second that.

I was surprised to see JV Artisan Pure up there. I wouldn’t have thought that this performs so well for someone - it‘s a rather effervescent, fast fading scent to me (and many, judging by its rating) like most citruses and especially JV perfumes are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slayerized

Jul 17, 2011
Kouros first formulation goes on the longest on me.....

Other good ones:

- A*men vtg
- Joop! Homme vtg
- Red Tobacco
- Aoud Vanille
- Interlude

NettyYeti

Jan 28, 2016
I was surprised to see JV Artisan Pure up there. I wouldn’t have thought that this performs so well for someone - it‘s a rather effervescent, fast fading scent to me (and many, judging by its rating) like most citruses and especially JV perfumes are.

This perhaps speaks to my comment on sensitivity to aromachemicals. Artisan Pure isn’t particularly “beast mode”, but something in it is extremely tenacious on my skin. To me, that’s the distinction: strength (projection, sillage) vs tenacity (longevity). With Artisan Pure, by the end of the wear, my nose is tired and I often regret wearing it (even though it is a pleasant fragrance, overall, and not particularly “strong”). It just doesn’t go away.

These aren’t the best analogies, but it’s sort of like the drip drip drip of a leaky faucet or the light from an alarm clock staring at you in the dark as you battle insomnia or when you get a stomach ache from too much of a particular food. Alone, in small doses, none of these are particularly obnoxious, but the cumulative affect is a strain on your senses. Some fragrances just hit me that way, and Artisan Pure is one of them. (The aforementioned Eros is also one that sometimes gives me fits, as well as Terre d’Hermes, but I don’t own these).

For what it’s worth, I’m also hairy-chested and tend to spray under my shirt, so I typically don’t have performance issues with most fragrances.

Latest News