Your Basenotes Milestones

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
That is true, and will certainly be confirmed in the next weeks with absolute number of bottles in my collection, but as far as at least 700 wears of a single fragrance, there's only one and I'm sure you know which one that is. :)
d85f5849-fa0b-4371-bad9-21c5d18d62bc_text.gif

Kotori

In my little cloud
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
I hit 70 wearings of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil on Monday. I might have 75 by the end of the week, since it’s the only bottle I bought on vacation. (Also brought a travelo of Infusion d’Iris.)

naylor

Basenotes Institution
Oct 24, 2011
Tonight I hit my 500th positive feedback in the Marketplace.

I'm also just five shy of hitting 250 followers...

Last edited:

JakeStiebs

Smell Good, Feel Good
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2010
THIS ... is my 10,000th post :cool:
Congratulations! :cool:
No post milestones, please. Don't want to give the spam posters any additional incentive.
Instead of congratulating me, not that I needed it, you chose to post this? I personally thought it was a pretty big deal. I've spent many hours on these forums giving and receiving suggestions, and having some great conversations. The enjoyment these forums have given me over the last 12 years is tremendous.

So why no post milestones, I didn't see any mention of it in the original post? It's not spam, if my account were a spam account I'd have been banned from the forums long ago. A post count shows that a member has been contributing to the forums. I could have made a post saying that I've been around for 12 years, yet only have 1 post to show for it.

Danny Mitchell

Basenotes Institution
Mar 21, 2019
No. I wouldn't consider it a congrats. That's why I posted not to do it. The reasoning pretty much speaks for itself. I'm not saying you specifically spam these threads. But we see it happen and we all know who does it. It shouldn't be encouraged. Nothing at all against you.

JakeStiebs

Smell Good, Feel Good
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2010
Today is my one year membership anniversary.
I have used basenotes for three years or more but didn't join until this date last year.

What milestones are you coming up on? 5 years? 10 years? 100 bottles? Etc.

I thought it would be fun to post quirky accomplishments or rare acquisitions you're proud of.

No spam posts, please.
*Original Post*
No. I wouldn't consider it a congrats. That's why I posted not to do it. The reasoning pretty much speaks for itself. I'm not saying you specifically spam these threads. But we see it happen and we all know who does it. It shouldn't be encouraged. Nothing at all against you.
I don't see anywhere in your original post where you ask members not to post their post/message count. I wouldn't consider that my post was a spam post. Nor would I consider congratulating other members on their milestones to be spam posts either, isn't that the whole point of this thread? Way to be a buzzkill, man.

Danny Mitchell

Basenotes Institution
Mar 21, 2019
It's pretty obvious not to do that. The site upgrade even went out of It's way to reduce spam posters. Not a buzz kill unless you count virtue and avoiding the flooding of the boards that bogs down the participation of others to be a buzz kill? But of course you wouldn't admit to that nor have I accused you of that. So it's over now. It actually never started. So......Back to milestones, please. Thank you!

Last edited:

JakeStiebs

Smell Good, Feel Good
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2010
It's pretty obvious not to do that. The site upgrade even went out of It's way to reduce spam posters. Not a buzz kill unless you count virtue and avoiding the flooding of the boards that bogs down the participation of others to be a buzz kill? But of course you wouldn't admit to that nor have I accused of that. So it's over now. Back to milestones, please. Thank you!
No, it's not obvious to not post about a post milestone because I'm not the only one that has done it.

Yes, that is correct, you did not accuse me of spamming, but you did go on to say that a post talking about a post milestone would incentivise spam posters. I'm going on to say that posting about post milestones and congratulating others for those milestones should not be considered spamming, or incentivising others to do so. Legitimate spam accounts get removed because they are just that, spam. If a member is posting in this forum they are more than likely contributing positively to a discussion. That is exactly what my post was meant to be, one and done, celebrating my 5000th post. But you couldn't leave well enough alone, so here we are, 3 additional posts and counting.

How is a milestone that is measured by time any different than a milestone measured by posts? Besides the obvious time versus posts, they both show how this community has given members a space to spend time and contribute to conversations and discussions about this great hobby.

No, not "back to milestones", it's not over. You made the choice to call me out on my post so you oght to see this through. I honestly feel like I deserve an apology for your rude reaction to my innocent post, not to mention how you've treated others within this thread. This forum is a community and you're not making it very inclusive. I've been around for nearly 12 years and feel my contributions warranted a post in this thread, but I guess not, so I'm not taking your blunt disrespect lightly. I suppose I should just make a new thread for milestones that won't be discriminatory to other members.

cheapimitation

Basenotes Dependent
May 15, 2015
No, it's not obvious to not post about a post milestone because I'm not the only one that has done it.

Yes, that is correct, you did not accuse me of spamming, but you did go on to say that a post talking about a post milestone would incentivise spam posters. I'm going on to say that posting about post milestones and congratulating others for those milestones should not be considered spamming, or incentivising others to do so. Legitimate spam accounts get removed because they are just that, spam. If a member is posting in this forum they are more than likely contributing positively to a discussion. That is exactly what my post was meant to be, one and done, celebrating my 5000th post. But you couldn't leave well enough alone, so here we are, 3 additional posts and counting.

How is a milestone that is measured by time any different than a milestone measured by posts? Besides the obvious time versus posts, they both show how this community has given members a space to spend time and contribute to conversations and discussions about this great hobby.

No, not "back to milestones", it's not over. You made the choice to call me out on my post so you oght to see this through. I honestly feel like I deserve an apology for your rude reaction to my innocent post, not to mention how you've treated others within this thread. This forum is a community and you're not making it very inclusive. I've been around for nearly 12 years and feel my contributions warranted a post in this thread, but I guess not, so I'm not taking your blunt disrespect lightly. I suppose I should just make a new thread for milestones that won't be discriminatory to other members.
I think your post was fine. If I remember correctly wasn't Danny chided for too many redundant posts ("still wearing polo") back when there was a discussion about reigning in redundancy like posting across multiple variations of SOTD, maybe he took the rules a bit too much to heart after that.

I think it's probably best to leave the decision of what is spam up to the moderators so as to avoid these kind of needless personal arguments. It is reasonable that the creator of a thread might want to steer the topic in the direction they intended. But it doesn't seem right to police threads you create as if you are the arbiter of what is OK or not to post, the thread is public domain and belongs to the public of the forum once it's created, it's not a club curated by the thread creator.

Danny Mitchell

Basenotes Institution
Mar 21, 2019
Stay on topic. Clear the clutter, mods. Post counts don't count as a milestone. Let's not pretend like we don't know why this is. Please. Let's keep things positive, move on, stay on topic.

Latest News