Your Basenotes Milestones

Darjeeling

Oct 29, 2012
I've lost track of the exact date, but I think I have now gone two years without a fragrance purchase.

I am considering something to replace my almost empty Guerlain Homme EdT and the bottle of Wonderwood I broke, but that probably won't be a for a few months yet, if at all.

Darjeeling

Oct 29, 2012
Wow, not even samples?

Not even samples. The whole pandemic thing has helped keep me out of department stores and boutiques, and there were issues and delays with international shipping (particularly at the beginning) that put me off ordering samples internationally and I just never got back in the habit. The funds have been appropriated to other hobbies and the quantities of tea and tea ware I've bought have increased.

the_good_life

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2006
It's my 15th anniversary this year, though I'm but a ghost now round here. Still (ever) more concerned with climate change than fragrance and a new job plus Covid has meant no time or place for smelling. I've bought a number of bargains since, diverse Aramis scents, the defunct Pierre Bourdon line, the only gem was a rather decently priced vintage Vol de Nuit Parfum. If permitted I'll be doing perfume appreciation and sensory basics at the boarding school I know work at the coming autumn.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
It's my 15th anniversary this year, though I'm but a ghost now round here. Still (ever) more concerned with climate change than fragrance and a new job plus Covid has meant no time or place for smelling. I've bought a number of bargains since, diverse Aramis scents, the defunct Pierre Bourdon line, the only gem was a rather decently priced vintage Vol de Nuit Parfum. If permitted I'll be doing perfume appreciation and sensory basics at the boarding school I know work at the coming autumn.

Congratulations! Your contributions are always appreciated.

Newbie1Kenobi

Jul 21, 2019
The whole pandemic thing has helped keep me out of department stores and boutiques, and there were issues and delays with international shipping (particularly at the beginning) that put me off ordering samples internationally and I just never got back in the habit. The funds have been appropriated to other ...

Same with me. Joined in 2019 with intention to expand my two-bottle collection to 5-10 bottles covering all seasons/occasions. Doing lots of adjustments given the past two years of events, spending almost no time on fragrances. Hoping to return to the fragrance pursuit soon. This is the first time I've posted in over two months (lol). Still amazed by the vast breadth & depth of knowledge on this forum. Extremely helpful to a novice and it seems everyone here is always upbeat. Best fragrance forum on the web.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Today I complete 14 wonderful years on Basenotes not having missed a day on the site except for when Basenotes was offline for maintenance or upgrading. As I begin my 15th year tomorrow I will choose a fragrance that has special significance for me as I follow forward in the footsteps of esteemed Basenoters Chuck and Renato among others, not knowing if I will make it to 20, but will give it my best shot god willing. :)

Last edited:

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Today I complete 14 wonderful years on Basenotes not having missed a day on the site except for when Basenotes was offline for maintenance or upgrading. As I begin my 15th year tomorrow I will choose a fragrance that has special significance for me as I follow forward in the footsteps of esteemed Basenoters Chuck and Renato among others, not knowing if I will make it to 20, but will give it my best shot god willing. :)

Congratulations my old friend!!! I have no doubts you will reach 20 years and beyond! God bless you in your continued enjoyment of scents.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Darjeeling, August 2021:
I've lost track of the exact date, but I think I have now gone two years without a fragrance purchase.

Darjeeling, March 2020:
I am contemplating the possibility of not buying any fragrance this year. I think my last purchase was in September or October. I wonder whether I can go a year. A pandemic lockdown will probably help.

It's pretty great that you're still here posting, man. See? It's not all about acquisition.

Darjeeling

Oct 29, 2012
Darjeeling, August 2021:

Darjeeling, March 2020:

It's pretty great that you're still here posting, man. See? It's not all about acquisition.
I still like reading about and wearing fragrances. Once I get out of lockdown mode I may start sampling again, especially once international travel resumes and international shipping has fewer delays. I'm also waiting for inspiration to hit when I read other members' passionate posts about scents they love. I love CdG and soapy neroli scents, and thanks to Basenotes I have been alerted to the existence of Marseille Comme des Garçons Eau de Toilette https://shop-us.doverstreetmarket.com/products/comme-des-garcons-marseille-eau-de-toilette which is a potential blind buy for me.

H_West

Oct 14, 2015
I've hit over 50 wearings for both of these bad boys :)

26124509-7854.jpg
26129449-4393.jpg

Actually 58 for the original by now

Latest News