Your Basenotes Milestones

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
It takes more than 50 wearings for a fragrance to enter my top 10 most worn according to the SOTD function. My number is at 52 wearings now. Love this function :)

That's cool :)
It takes more than 60 wearings to enter my top 5, and more than 50 to enter top 8, but only 36 to sneak into top ten. I think most of my fragrances have 10 to 30 wears. The joys of still being a young and crazy Basenoter wearing several fragrances per day - where the stats are not yet set in stone, anything can rise up :)

H_West

Oct 14, 2015
That's cool :)
It takes more than 60 wearings to enter my top 5, and more than 50 to enter top 8, but only 36 to sneak into top ten. I think most of my fragrances have 10 to 30 wears. The joys of still being a young and crazy Basenoter wearing several fragrances per day - where the stats are not yet set in stone, anything can rise up :)

Ah, nice! My top 10 is between 52 and 77 wearings so I seem more even then. And I agree with the joy of the youth, I have a lot of fragrances with 10-30 wears so a SOTW can mix a lot of it up :)

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Ah, nice! My top 10 is between 52 and 77 wearings so I seem more even then. And I agree with the joy of the youth, I have a lot of fragrances with 10-30 wears so a SOTW can mix a lot of it up :)

Yeah, I definitely seem to have a couple of favourites that I wear more often than anything else :)
And I'm also prone to focus on some soon to be finished bottle, so that skews some wears, too. I really like travel sizes for new scents, so a lot of them get finished at around 30 wears and never get replenished to rise further.

H_West

Oct 14, 2015
Yeah, I definitely seem to have a couple of favourites that I wear more often than anything else :)
And I'm also prone to focus on some soon to be finished bottle, so that skews some wears, too. I really like travel sizes for new scents, so a lot of them get finished at around 30 wears and never get replenished to rise further.

Same here, I may seem to like a few more than I do due to the mission of finishing some off :) Even though I still enjoy them. Yes, I buy a lot of 5 and 10 ml decants from forums that in many cases satisfies the need for just that fragrance.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Same here, I may seem to like a few more than I do due to the mission of finishing some off :) Even though I still enjoy them. Yes, I buy a lot of 5 and 10 ml decants from forums that in many cases satisfies the need for just that fragrance.

I don't buy decants (although I have swapped for some) but we really seem to have a similar approach to fragrance wearing :)
a couple of my most worn fragrances are most worn just because I wanted to finish a bottle and move to other scents, too :)

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
It's not a milestone that's "on" Basenotes, but it's certainly one that's caused by Basenotes: I just noticed that my eBay odometer is about to roll over. I'm at 999 received feedbacks right now.

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
So it’s a feedback loop?
In everyday life, feedback loops for each of us occur naturally–usually in the form, ‘When I do X, Y happens.’ That’s a kind of feedback loop in the learning process.

So the answer to your question is yes: "When I hang out on Basenotes (X), I wind up on eBay (Y), and my feedback increases (Y2) as my money decreases (Y3)."

ToughCool

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
I remember when you first came on board. :smiley:

Yes! Seems like yesterday. Very fresh faced and not knowing a thing about the hobby!

It will 16 years as a Basenote member in December. I rarely now
post but I'am on the site 4 to 5 times a week.

Long time! Congrats

I'm nearing my 10 year anniversary here.

That’s awesome! Decade. Congrats

I'm seeing lots of Basenotes anniversaries lately. Congrats to all! :smiley:

Thanks.

Newbie1Kenobi

Jul 21, 2019
Today is my one year membership anniversary ... What milestones are you coming up on? 5 years? 10 years? 100 bottles? Etc. ... I thought it would be fun to post quirky accomplishments ...

July will mark my two-year membership milestone. In 2019, I planned to diversify my two-bottle collection to at least a 5-10 bottle niche collection for all seasons and occasions. Several things, including Covid, interrupted/delayed my fragrance mission. Now I'm back ... :smiley: ... but still only two bottles ... :embarassed: ...

Mudassir

Jun 17, 2007
After adding recently acquired samples to my list, I added that number to bottles to see how many frags I’ve catalogued overall. Answer: 999. As some aren’t in the database, I can safely say I have crossed the 1,000 mark.

Join the club! I wonder who else is in 4 digits besides you, me and hednic? It was good while it lasted. I went on a buying binge last week. But as long as the net additions continue to be negative, I am happy.

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017
Only 3 more reviews until I hit 1100. I'd already be there, but some of the reviews I've done are sitting in blog limbo on my profile because the fragrances themselves are not in the directory due to (unannounced) halting of all directory updates.

Man if you had the responsibility to add new fragrances :laugh: we’d be in business!!!

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
After adding recently acquired samples to my list, I added that number to bottles to see how many frags I’ve catalogued overall. Answer: 999. As some aren’t in the database, I can safely say I have crossed the 1,000 mark.
Admirable. :thumbsup:

Latest News