Your Basenotes Milestones

Darjeeling

Oct 29, 2012
I think I’ve passed 1.5 years without any new fragrance purchases now. I don’t think I’ve sampled anything in that time.
Not getting many urges to purchase or sample either, so just enjoying what I own. I still have a handful of scents on the other side of the world I’d like to retrieve (Avignon, Sequoia, and probably a couple of others).

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
I think I’ve passed 1.5 years without any new fragrance purchases now. I don’t think I’ve sampled anything in that time.
Not getting many urges to purchase or sample either, so just enjoying what I own. I still have a handful of scents on the other side of the world I’d like to retrieve (Avignon, Sequoia, and probably a couple of others).

Congratulations! I've been buying, selling, trading, and sometimes re-buying, but keeping my total wardrobe count low. I still get the urge to play around with some samples.

motorcade

Dec 21, 2020
My IKEA glass cabinet is finally crammed as full as it can get - and I'm not buying another cabinet. It can only mean one thing regarding my future fragrance (non-)purchases, right?

The weight limit on the glass shelves is already exceeded, but I've reinforced the supporting crossbars with U-bolts.

Danny Mitchell

Mar 21, 2019
That is impressive! I wish I could find a scent to appreciate as much. I grow tired around 50 wearings if it is an incredible fragrance... :)

I am of course exaggerating a bit but I'm sure you get what I mean. I don't have, and may not ever, get a signature scent. More a signature wardrobe.

Once I reach 500, I may slow it down a bit....but then again, I'm always saying that.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
On March 16th I stated I was inching closer to 6,000 bottles. With the purchase of Eden-Roc by Dior, I have now attained that goal.

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
On March 16th I stated I was inching closer to 6,000 bottles. With the purchase of Eden-Roc by Dior, I have now attained that goal.

Congrats, hednic! You even got mentioned in one of Eugen's live streams last week. They were discussing how this one youtuber lady in Australia had 1500+ bottles and Eugen said there's a basenoter named "hednic" who has tens of thousands of bottles. I had the stream playing in the background as I'm working and that perked my ear up. lol

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Congrats, hednic! You even got mentioned in one of Eugen's live streams last week. They were discussing how this one youtuber lady in Australia had 1500+ bottles and Eugen said there's a basenoter named "hednic" who has tens of thousands of bottles. I had the stream playing in the background as I'm working and that perked my ear up. lol
Thank you very much. I'm not familiar with that live stream, but how crazy is that! :smiley: I'm so happy that back in June of 2013 when I was doing the major renovation of the vault, that I had the foresight to make it big enough to accommodate everything that was to come!

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
Thank you very much. I'm not familiar with that live stream, but how crazy is that! :smiley: I'm so happy that back in June of 2013 when I was doing the major renovation of the vault, that I had the foresight to make it big enough to accommodate everything that was to come!

Yeah, I was surprised he knew your handle here. How many did you have in 2013 roughly? Also, how full do you think is it now percentage-wise?

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Yeah, I was surprised he knew your handle here. How many did you have in 2013 roughly? Also, how full do you think is it now percentage-wise?
Back then I had 1,610 bottles. I'd say the vault is about 70% full. It would be less full, but my wife's artwork and our other joint valuables have occupied a lot of space.

Latest News