Your 2021 Fragrance Balance

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
-1 to wardrobe as I'm putting Loverdose travel spray away to give it away to someone who likes it better
+1 to wardrobe as my Guerlain Lui arrived
-1 to samples: giving away a sample of Datura Blanche to a friend

Wardrobe: +13 (-18; +31)
Samples: +58 (-7; +69)
Backups: +7 (-2; +9)

I can see that my maths on samples are clearly off, I think I either forgot to add some additions or to minus some finishes/pass alongs. Oh well. At least the others seem right:)

H_West

Oct 14, 2015
The Tragedy of Lord George is great!

Yeah, it's nice!

I have an urge for buying new fragrances now. I don't know why but I really want to try new fragrances :) I added a decant of V&R - Antidote and ended a sample of Penhaligon's - Quercus. So a neutral balance the last week. But I want more! :)

Bottles: -1 (+2, -3)

Samples/decants: -20 (+19, -39)

Carl57

Jan 27, 2015
I’m trying to reduce my collection. Sold about 40 and replaced them with about 10 that I will actually wear.

I already have about 30 in my collection so I started with a total of 70 and ending with 40. Still a lot but I feel like an average of 10 per season isn’t bad at all (for basenotes standards).

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I’m trying to reduce my collection. Sold about 40 and replaced them with about 10 that I will actually wear.

I already have about 30 in my collection so I started with a total of 70 and ending with 40. Still a lot but I feel like an average of 10 per season isn’t bad at all (for basenotes standards).

Congratulations!
I hope you'll enjoy your updated, trimmed, renewed and refined wardrobe :thumbsup:

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
-2 to Wardrobe (Contradiction, Sunrise in Cadaquès - I see I pretty much never want to wear them, so they go away)
+3 to Wardrobe (Smuggler's Soul, Mitsouko EDT, + opened Miroir des Majestes that I bought half a year ago)
+2 to samples

Wardrobe: +14 (-20; +34)
Samples: +60 (-7; +71)
Backups: +7 (-2; +9)

I can see that my maths on samples are clearly off, I think I either forgot to add some additions or to minus some finishes/pass alongs. Oh well. At least the others seem right:)

Last edited:

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001

I bet you'll enjoy a pared down collection...I know I do. But, I've been down this road before...we'll see if I can stick to it this time.

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Since the new Basenotes now has a Decants section in Wardrobe, I'm doing some rearrangements.

-1 to Wardrobe: Lush Twilight goes to Decants (it doesn't go to this year's count as I have it from before)
-1 to Samples: Boudoir goes to Decants
+1 to Wardrobe: bought a small bottle of Bvlgari Omnia
-1 to backups: finished a small bottle of Alaia Nude and opened a big one (wardrobe count didn't change)

Wardrobe: +15 (-21; +36)
Samples: +51 (-15; +70)
Decants +1 (-0; +1)
Backups: +7 (-3; +10)

Last edited:

H_West

Oct 14, 2015
I've had a sample of Festival Vibes by Hollister that just got added to the directory. Now it's time to start wearing it then :) I also ended a sample of Patchouli Ardent by Guerlain. It grew on me!

Samples/decants: -19 (+22, -41)

H_West

Oct 14, 2015
I still feel the urge to get to know new fragrances and therefore I keep purchasing samples and decants. I hope it stops soon :) I have bought two new:
Parfum d'Empire - Cuir Ottoman
Houbigant - Fougere Royal

and ended one:
Davidoff - ZIno

Samples/decants: -18 (+24, -42)

Latest News