You know you're a "fraghead" when....

Schubertian

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 8, 2021
When you engage in frequent business and/or leisure travel, and skillfully plan fragrance shopping into each trip.
😄 This is exactly what I was doing now, planning for next week's trip to Berlin!
With a constant reminder to myself not to buy anything (since I've pretty much exhausted my budget for the moment) but to go round all the stores and sample, sample, sample things that are on my test list and more.... :)

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
That's not good but I'm glad giving your nose time to heal seems to be working. Keeping fingers crossed all will be well.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Thanks! I'm certainly tired of having bottles I bought new 3 months ago still sitting maybe sprayed once when first bought, that I can't wear because dryness, pain, and nosebleeds result.

Hopefully another week since I'm basically not dry anymore, just sensitive.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks! I'm certainly tired of having bottles I bought new 3 months ago still sitting maybe sprayed once when first bought, that I can't wear because dryness, pain, and nosebleeds result.

Hopefully another week since I'm basically not dry anymore, just sensitive.

Just remember, the bottles are not going anywhere. You take good care of yourself, even though we’re all impatient for your new insights.

underground

Mar 9, 2022
LIST PLEASE:
(Humour allowed!) Something that we do/ say/ other - or that if you saw these present in another you may well have a little chuckle and nod to yourself "he/she's one of us... mwahaha".

I'll start with a few statements:

1."Vintage is better"
2. "well, I've got XYZ on my left arm and ABC on my right, and I can tell you for sure...."
3. " I wear perfume/cologne SOLELY for myself...
i love me some types of faeces. yummy

Diamondflame

(Almost) Off the Grid
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
deg and bhapka aren’t quite as foreign to you as they sound.

…you know a fragrance better than the SA who’s trying to sell it.

…you have a fragrance atomiser or two with you wherever you go, ‘just in case…’.

…you could figure out a scent profile based on the aromachemicals listed e.g. linalool, coumarin, Suederal, Iso-E-Super, etc.

Maize & Blue

Basenotes Member
Sep 8, 2022
When your small side of the bathroom counter just about no longer exists with anything else.

FmzahHiWQAEzdX_

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014
Wherever I travel, there is a thrill to find a gem, a discontinued, a vintage or a steal! Googling ahead now when there is any chance of being off my own beaten tracks!

I'm still hopeful that one of these days I'll walk into a thrift store / garage sale / estate sale and find a full pristine bottle of Jean Patou Pour Homme or Rochas Macassar for $5!

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Your co-workers know you are present because your scent trail is still in the elevator

So true. Having worked in a perfume-friendly establishment, walking down the halls I could always tell who had been there before me by their lingering signature perfume. 😊

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...