You favorite Hermes fragrance and why?

Russlan

Jan 17, 2002
I've looked at Amazone no later than today. Is it great? Wearable by a man?

I don't know the current, I only have a vintage release and it is a beautifully dry grassy-green chypre with a huge oakmoss presence. More masculine than your typical current masculines or that Arabian oudy-rosy stuff. Try the vintage Amazone someday and see for yourself

Buzzlepuff

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 27, 2005
Terre d'Hermes Parfum - clean, natural, best woods and vetiver combo around.
Concentree d'Orange Verte - so versatile and just smells great.
Voyage d' Hermes - air cleaned by ocean spray.

Jul 7, 2012
Terre d'Hermes & TdH Parfum.

It's funny, really. I can't figure out which I enjoy more. I own both, and whenever I wear one, I'm sure it's my favorite of the two... until the next time I wear the other one. They're both so good, and though they're similar they are not different concentrations of the same scent. They're different, and they're both great.

I like both of the Voyage scents too (EdT and Parfum). I may need to pick up a bottle at some point.

I like Un Jardin Sur Le Nil a lot too, but to me, it smells too literal. I get a lot more greenery than the notes imply. It literally smells like green plants. It smells more like the scent of a place rather than the scent of a person. It sure is a great smell though.

Airegin

Sep 25, 2017
As a young guy I'm in love with the Hermes classics (eau d'Hermes, Équipage, Bel Ami (Vétiver)). It helps that almost no one wears these scents so they don't smell as old-school as they really are.

Mikeaveli2682

Apr 18, 2018
They're always issuing commemorative bottles and engraved limited editions to celebrate its history. Which is more than almost any other house can say.

Guerlain enters the thread. On a more serious note, I really wish Hermes would continue selling Eau D'Hermes, Bel Ami, and other classics in the United States. They appear to have disappeared here.

Latest News