You favorite Hermes fragrance and why?

lunchbox148

Feb 19, 2014
What is your favorite Hermes fragrance and why?

Mine is Equipage because I find it the easiest to wear and I consider it one of the greatest male fragrances I've ever smelled.

Last edited:

PhilX

Oct 6, 2017
I haven't tried the original Bel Ami (although I did blind buy Puredistance M because of the number of people comparing it with vintage Bel Ami). The Hermes I have tried are TdH, Equipage Geranium, Ambre Narguile and Bel Ami Vetiver.

BAV is not only my favourite Hermes scent, it's my favourite and most worn scent overall, although it hasn't seen much use in the last few weeks with the hot weather here. Why do I like it? It's long lasting, sophisticated, masculine and smells absolutely fantastic. I actually thought it was horrible the first time I sniffed it, but it rapidly grew on me.

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015
Not many Eau De Hermes fan here.
I am surprised.
Mine is Equipage . The reformulated modern version is good enough.
They do a better job with reforms than most other houses.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
I quite like the new Galop. Strange and a little dirty.
And then some of the vintage ones (Bel Ami, Equipage, Eau d'Hermes)

cacio

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Bel Ami first, then Equipage and Eau d'Hermes.

I like Bel Ami for being rich and alluring, a little sweet, a little dark. I like Equipage for smelling classic - restrained, but a nice, polite, mossy leather. I like Eau d'Hermes for having an almost natural body smell, but in a way that's not overdone and that makes the development interesting.

MrsDalloway

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 10, 2015
I like Bel Ami Vetiver and Equipage Geranium on my husband. Cuir d'Ange, Vetiver Tonka and and Eau de Narcisse Bleu are also great unisex scents.

Roky

Jun 1, 2015
Of the ones I've smelled it's Eau de Gentiane Blanche. It's charmingly weird, unusual yet wearable, performs well, available in 200ml, widely available, doesn't break the bank, etc., etc.
Second comes Terre Parfum (similar reasons), third Bel Ami (pure greatness), fourth Eau de Merveilles (so wonderful smelling on my ladyfriend).

purecaramel

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 9, 2013
Original Bel Ami. The first one in the 80's is dark, slightly bitter resins and a Leather to die for. In it you will find the Seeds of Petroleum present in Dior Fahrenheit.
My first bottle of BA was from 1992 and reform brought a bit of brightness and a Cumin heart.I love it just as much.
A 2002 Eau d'Hermes competes for the title with it's wonderful Cumin dose and Synthetic Civet.
Up until 2014 Bel Ami remains subjectively my favourite of Contemporary Hermes.

Beck

May 13, 2014
One is difficult. Un Jardin Sur Le Nil for its relaxing effect on me, Bel Ami by its timeless class and excellent smell and Ambre Narguile by its almost unique smell.

Beck

May 13, 2014
Thinking on buying Hiris and Rocabar. Love Voyage D'Hermes, Caleche and Amazone (or the flankers of them, I can't recall now).

Latest News