Yatagan - Vintage or go with anything?

Nattyboh74

Oct 24, 2018
I looked and some.older threads say to get whatever as it's damn close. But lately from what Ive seen reviews wise, the performance is terrible on new new stuff. Should I go deep sword vintage or maybe early 2000 batch?

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Castoreum musk is a bit funkier in vintage, but still present in current. Recent leans more towards the chewy herbs which some call "celery", although oregano a big part of the cause. Vintage sees that facet dialed down some to be more blended with the rest. I do like both versions I've picked up (modern white label and old red), but ever-so-slightly lean towards older.

GoldWineMemories

Nov 22, 2019
As a smell I enjoy Yatagan I've worn it all summer and gone through a 100ml bottle. It's wonderful stuff all I can say though is that it has little projection, and doesn't last long on my skin. I have no idea if the vintage will serve that purpose better, but this is not a bombastic perfume.

Tristan45

Jun 30, 2017
Current is marvellous, but a good well-kept vintage is laden with real castoreum and gives it a warmth and animalic hum slightly lacking in the current version. As others have said the celery note is not as prominent (but that could just be a function of the age of the juice, it's difficult to tell). The only way to get Caron to keep making it though is to buy the current one.

Latest News