Xerjoff vs Roja Dove | Basenotes

Xerjoff vs Roja Dove

VintagePoison

Jan 30, 2013
Roja all the way. The only Xerjoff I've liked so far is Golden Dallah (but still not worth the retail price). All the other popular ones are just meh.

I also don't think the two brands are alike enough to be comparable though.

dougczar

Mar 3, 2012
RJ makes scents that are a bit more opulent, so if that is your thing, you may lean more that way. Personally, I like several from both, but not anywhere near all of them from either. Roja is more into cumin and other notes to give them more of an edgy feel to them, but that is not my thing - anamalic and body odor leaning scents I really avoid. However, he does make some really nice ones.

GoldWineMemories

Nov 22, 2019
Roja Dove is sorta a clone house that instead of being cheap crap is actually decent quality just overpriced. Xerjoff rides trends, and has some unique creations that are also overpriced. I wouldn't say either has an "amazing" perfume, and while some may be worth buying you should try beforehand -- compared to some Malles, or Chanesl, or Guerlains in which I'd say don't try, just buy, you'll love it. That being said I've never tried Xerjoff's Irisss or Homme, which people say are quite good.

kidmetal24

Sep 4, 2013
I’d take Xerjoff between the two. I like Roja but he’s priced his fragrances out of a lot of peoples price range. Xerjoff is at least somewhat attainable with the 30ml Bottles and JTC line.

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
I like some from both houses.

Not sure what kind of answer you're looking for.

Roja probably has a better pedigree. His scents are a bit more traditional and conservative.

Xerjoff is a bit more contemporary (chasing trends as Goldwine says above).

It depends on your own tastes and likes (and budget with these two).

If everybody here said one was better than the other, would you avoid trying them?

knightowl

Aug 3, 2004
I like some from both houses.

Not sure what kind of answer you're looking for.

Roja probably has a better pedigree. His scents are a bit more traditional and conservative.

Xerjoff is a bit more contemporary (chasing trends as Goldwine says above).

It depends on your own tastes and likes (and budget with these two).

If everybody here said one was better than the other, would you avoid trying them?

See my previous post.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Roja Dove is the ultimate "pinkies out" perfume house. There's good stuff to be had but a lot of it references classic French perfumery (i.e. Guerlain or Caron) and it's all slathered in mind-numbing quantities of pomp, not to mention prices designed to vet the lords from the vassals. The Parfum Cologne range is basically the ground floor for the house.

Xerjoff is more "new money" and feels like another enterprise meant as a wealthy businessman's write-off, which is a common theme in the ultra high-end perfume world. Opulent bottles and haute bourgeois hubris mix like with Roja, but Xerjoff caters to trends, has multiple sub-brands, and no qualms about synthetics. Casamorati seems to be their ground floor.

knightowl

Aug 3, 2004
Roja Dove is the ultimate "pinkies out" perfume house. There's good stuff to be had but a lot of it references classic French perfumery (i.e. Guerlain or Caron) and it's all slathered in mind-numbing quantities of pomp, not to mention prices designed to vet the lords from the vassals. The Parfum Cologne range is basically the ground floor for the house.

Xerjoff is more "new money" and feels like another enterprise meant as a wealthy businessman's write-off, which is a common theme in the ultra high-end perfume world. Opulent bottles and haute bourgeois hubris mix like with Roja, but Xerjoff caters to trends, has multiple sub-brands, and no qualms about synthetics. Casamorati seems to be their ground floor.

Very interesting!

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
Both pretentious outfits who have hit and miss fragrances. I feel less 'ripped' after purchasing from Xerjoff (even though their different lines are confusing).

I don't think any fragrance from Roja is worth the retail price nowadays.

Franco65

May 13, 2012
Roja Dove is sorta a clone house that instead of being cheap crap is actually decent quality just overpriced. Xerjoff rides trends, and has some unique creations that are also overpriced. I wouldn't say either has an "amazing" perfume, and while some may be worth buying you should try beforehand -- compared to some Malles, or Chanesl, or Guerlains in which I'd say don't try, just buy, you'll love it. That being said I've never tried Xerjoff's Irisss or Homme, which people say are quite good.

100% :thumbsup:

Latest News