Xerjoff to launch new line: JTC (Join The Club)

alfarom

Power Where You Need It
Basenotes Plus
Mar 4, 2011
not much infos on the lines yet but here is what I got to know from their presentation at Fragranze 2012...

New Xerjoff series coming: JTC (Join The Club)

10 new fragrances with an "high concept and profile" to be sold at a "low price". They define the new line as the Xerjoff "entry level"...Probably they should have called it "Join The (austerity) Club"

From their presentation: "10 excellent perfumes, each one associated with a high-level activity from simple recreation to a degree of real passion.

Just for an exclusive Club moment, Xerjoff JTC has created an iconic selection which harks back to the concept of selectivity that takes moments in life to their most intense aspects
".

Immagine9-6.png

The bottles come with the tipycal Xerjoff golden cap. They're coloured an indigo blue and look halfway between a diamond cut stone and a pear. Actually not bad but the only fragrance I tested (called something like "Comandante") made me instantly loose any kind of interest. I'll try to give them a chance on a second time but, admittedly, I'm not among the biggest fans of Xerjoff...

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Perhaps sales of their pricey lines are languishing too much they had to 'join the club' and peddle mass market frags? Still I'm hopeful for a gem or two.

walkdogg

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 24, 2012
Probably the same as if Maserati or Ferrari would release an utilitarian....:)

I like this analogy :thumbsup:

These could be great! I believe there are more than a few offerings out there which are priced way out of their league based on the merits of their ingredients or the perfumer making it. I believe that amazing composition are possible without using the finest Thaqueel oud or the rarest sandalwood essences. I will definitely consider these "capable of excellence" -- till proven otherwise.

Great Scoop Al... you are so knowledgeable!

hedonist222

Basenotes Institution
Sep 13, 2010
Ill try anything, at least, once.

Xerjoff is not bad. All they need is some fine tuning and they'll end up with very good perfumes.

thebeck

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 25, 2007
I guess they're adding five oud attars to the line also.

Sweet Assam (a classic oud)
Java Blossom (woody oud)
Sukar Aswad (with rose)
Oud Luban (floral)
Warda al Oud (with rose)

Kron

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 10, 2007
I received a few samples this morning..

JTC - 40 Knots
JTC - Birdie
JTC - Kind of Blue
JTC - Shunkoin

I'll throw up some impressions in a few days. I had a quick sniff of Birdie which is supposed to conjure up an image of a Vetiver laden Golf Course??. Its got a very harsh opening but as it settles to a nice herbacious peppery patch/vetiver combo. Nothing thats wowing me but the quality is there so I've some hope for the others.

mrernestg

Basenotes Member
Aug 20, 2013
Just received my samples, here are the standouts:

🌟🌟Xerjoff - Join the Club - Kind of Blue
Soapy
Super fresh
🌟🌟Xerjoff - Join the Club - Comandante
Very pleasant
Very fresh
🌟🌟Xerjoff - Join the Club - Shunkoin

Dries to this beautiful caramel sugary smell. It smells like sweet milk and almonds
Stuningly beautiful

🌟🌟Xerjoff - Join the Club - Fatal Charm

Nice
Bubbly
Champaign
Zesty aldehydes
Excellent fragrance, not too heavy

👋Xerjoff - Join the Club - Ascot Moon

Smells like gray flanel
Ok smell

Note: This post was imported from the Huddler forum software, and may have missing images or strange formatting. More info here.

Tollers

May 19, 2014
Chanel... I've sniffed them all, but one leapt out to me... Ivory route. To me it's a peppery, woody vanilla. Many of them are worth a sniff, although I agree commandante is generic. 40 knots is nice, but as you're saying... Very department store. I absolutely can't say that for ivory route though, which I find quite unique.

lanky

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 11, 2012
i tried the entire line based on sample vials from luckyscent...from a retrospective standpoint i think they were slightly quirky but forgetable..the only one that i enjoyed enough to even think of buying a bottle was birdie.

Latest News