Happy Birthday PixieChic! 🎂

Wednesday syncing with Hermes Bel Ami
375x500.25.jpg

HouseOfPhlegethon

addict of fumes
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
Birthday wishes for Knit at Nite and PixieChic! 🎂 ..... 🍨

Fourteen straight days of below average temps. Too cool for short sleeves and shorts. I'm determined Not to turn on the heat just yet.

Five weeks ago we took in a stray, male kitten. 🐱 We think he's about 8 or 9 weeks old now.

I also recently chopped about 9 inches of hair off the length. I grew tired of sitting on it. :mad:

Finishing a sample of Clutch by Perfumology this morning.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Many happy returns of the day to Knit!

Last night I found one of those amber plastic medicine vials that @PerfumedLady used to pack her samples in for swaps. I must have had it for at least four years, and not a single drop seems to have evaporated. Remember how she wrapped her sample caps in that stretchy medical tape? I guess it really works.

It's a batch of five quite offbeat scents, all very autumnal. I thought maybe if I tried them all I might conjure her returning to us. Unfortunately,, the first one I chose for today was an utter disaster.

Hyacinth and a Mechanic by Tauer

I should have known from the name this wouldn't be for me, since I hate petrol smells of any kind. And this one is a doozy -- I can't smell a single hyacinth, but it smells just as it says, a metal shop where all the tools are soaked in oil. It smells almost exactly like when I burned out the clutch in my Volkswagen beetle.

26154449-3032-j

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Home again....I wore Rosarium the whole visit. I have Petal there, too. I need to branch out. Thinking...thinking...thinking. There is no way I can continue with two fragrances in Kentucky. Some problems are pleasant!

sote: Sent me into the spare room to search....I came up with Fresh Pink Jasmine.

Edit to add: Well for God's sake. How long have I been trying to be a good wardrobe Basenoter and now I am adding Fresh Pink Jasmine to my wardrobe. I've owned it....forever. Lordy.

Also, it reminds me of Zents Petal. I can't say I get much jasmine from it. Maybe that's why I never wear it....maybe that's why it never made it inot my wardrobe.

It's pleasant for me. I think I'll take it to Kentucky. It ought to have another name, though. Jasmine, it ain't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...