Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Wednesday syncing with Chanel Sycomore EDT
375x500.4688.jpg

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
Morning all!

The custom frame l ordered for a picture arrived yesterday, l've re-framed the picture & it looks fab! The old frame was bent & battered, so it had to go, & l've just completed its demise with a hammer before placing it in the trash - safety glasses on, of course! 🥽 This afternoon's mission (among others) will be to fix it to the bedroom wall...

Wearing Sherlock today.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Fleur de Peau by Diptyque
That might be the sexiest name for a perfume ever, Nom. Notes?
Vilhelm Parfumerie Room Service
Musky blackberry floral. Leans more green and woody + a hint of funk.
Meh.
Despite your, meh, sakecat, the notes intrigue me.
Good morning, all. [sigh] I've become a bit of a scaredy-cat—or simply a sensible—motorist. Brisk wind and heavy rain threatened to keep me from crossing town to lunch with my late mother's good friend. Mom passed maybe 17 years ago (am I a bad daughter for not remembering the exact year?), and Eleanor and I have lunched two or three times a year ever since. It is beyond wonderful to be in touch with my mom's generation. She had a gift for friendship. There have been some losses—these gals would be in their 90s by now—and every lunch is a gift beyond measure. The rain has let up, and I'm in Guerlain Véga to meet E and a few of her friends.

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
That might be the sexiest name for a perfume ever, Nom. Notes?

It is, right? A beautiful iris skin musk, unisex to my nose. On paper it goes a bit suede-like, I don't get that on skin.

From Diptyque:

Musk, Iris, Ambrettolide, Pink peppercorns

A tribute to the mythical love between Psyche and Eros, which led to the birth of their daughter, Hedone. One scent can convey this legend: musks. At the heart of Fleur de Peau, they are cottony, soft or moist. Highlighted with iris and ambrette seed, they reveal their full tactile dimension.

Two Awards Winner: Perfume Extraordinaire and Best New Women’s Fragrance by The Fragrance Foundation Awards London (FIFI Awards)

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Good evening. After a busy morning and afternoon visiting old friends, where I’ve used to live and taking them early Christmas presents and cards, I am back home watching the France /Tunisia match.
I have been wearing Mauboussin and seemed to get a lot of attention from one of my friend’s rag doll cat. Maybe it liked one of the notes.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I liked Aedes de Venustas so much yesterday I am wearing it again today. It was all gusty winds and rain overnight that woke me up twice but now it's gray and drizzly. I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday so that's a relief, and now I can enjoy the season.

ETA: I just looked at my "Perfume Year in Review." 626 posts for the year. I'm not terribly chatty, am I, considering that most posts are SOTD? My most worn fragrance was Shalimar MVP because I don't want the decant to evaporate on me. I like it but not enough to buy a bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...