Jul 1, 2011
Wednesday syncing with Guerlain Vetiver

375x500.69.jpg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Hello!
I'm wearing Esprit d'Oscar by Oscar de la Renta today - from a sample. I enjoy it. It's such an old world smell, reminiscent of L'heure Bleue (and, of course, original Oscar, but I haven't smelled it yet), and yet it's made lighter and slightly more modern. I feel very anachronistic wearing it out and about, but yet delightfully so.

I haven't dared to wear L'Heure Bleue outside yet, maybe I should try it. (Although I have worn Habanita to festivals and metal concerts a lot, there's something about it that makes it feel edgy to me besides being such an oldschool powdery scent, too.)

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
Morning all!

Yesterday was quite stressful as my ancient Nokia phone finally died. :cry: l had been thinking for a while that it's time l joined the 21st century & got a smartphone, but l hate being forced into doing it. And l had a lot of treasured messages from loved ones past & present stored on it, which are all gone now, as the old-style sim card won't fit the newer phones, & l think it's actually the sim card that died. l spent quite a while online trying to find ways to fix it, but l have to accept that it's beyond saving, being over ten years old!! l have a new phone being delivered today, but l might have to wait a couple of days for my new sim card. After that it'll be quite a learning curve for me to get used to it. l'm not someone who spends a lot of time on my phone, but you need it for so many things these days, especially accessing things online where they send those verification codes to your phone. Very frustrating! But l'm trying to be philosophical about it...

lt's grey & feeling cooler here today. l'm trying a sample of Lady Caron, which to me is a fruity tuberose bomb, even though tuberose isn't listed.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. Feeling down after catching the breakfast news and seeing more innocent victims of rampant gun culture. Yet another tragedy and still lessons never seem to be learned. I despair.

teardrop, sorry to hear about your phone. Hope you will be up and running again soon 🤞

Lifting the mood with a glorious vintage acquisition that arrived yesterday. I am sure kewart will approve :)

Laura Biagiotti - Roma.

d5f8b0b3-0983-455b-bdb8-86796d352170-istock-607604520.jpg

zrFafgb.jpg

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012

The Robot is wearing one of my premier vintage Holy Grails. For anyone who hasn't seen it, this Patou scent from the 1920s originally came in the most swoon-worthy piece of perfume paraphernalia ever created -- a cocktail bar of perfumes:

I haven't dared to wear L'Heure Bleue outside yet, maybe I should try it. (Although I have worn Habanita to festivals and metal concerts a lot, there's something about it that makes it feel edgy to me besides being such an oldschool powdery scent, too.)

I've never had the guts to wear L'Heure Bleue in public either, Alice -- and I applaud your nerve in wearing Habanita. It scares the bejesus out of me.

it's time l joined the 21st century & got a smartphone, but l hate being forced into doing it.

Same! It's the being forced that I resent the most. I still haven't given in, but I can feel the day approaching when it's inevitable.

although honestly, I lost all hope after Sandy Hook.

Sadly, so did I, tdem. If that atrocity couldn't change anything, I despaired that anything ever could.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Good morning all !. Feeling down after catching the breakfast news and seeing more innocent victims of rampant gun culture. Yet another tragedy and still lessons never seem to be learned. I despair.
Hello and best to everyone. Jon I join you in despairing that anything regarding gun culture will ever change here - although honestly, I lost all hope after Sandy Hook.

SOTD is Prescriptives Calyx. Hugs to all. 🫂❤️
History does seem to repeat itself again and again. Sadly it's now a very regular thing in today's world.

C Rose

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 26, 2010
Wearing Chanel 31 rue Cambon at the airport.

Mary Kay High Intensity Sport for my Professional Engineer's exam today. Wish me luck!
Good luck Jake!!!!
History does seem to repeat itself again and again. Sadly it's now a very regular thing in today's world.
Everything I’ve tried to write vears into the political so I’ll just say I’m sad, and we (Americans) are idiots.

knit at nite

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 5, 2009
It's day 6 after my total hip replacement surgery. A few hours ago, I was having a very rough morning. My dear friends are taking extraordinaryily good care of me! Yet I was feeling so much pain and sterility & for a few minutes I was extremely sad. . I realized I just needed to smelll something nice.....enter a big spritz of Febreze lavendar air freshener around me, to the rescue! . I'm getting bergamot & orris notes & feel much more normal now. Tomorrow is my first Physical Therapy session post surgery.
Send me some virtual scented vibes, my smelly ones! They will help me heal up & keep my mind off these horrible days (on so many levels)...

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Oh, sending so many well wishes your way, Knit! I was a carer for someone after a hip replacement; the first couple of weeks were fierce, but after just a month or two he was so, so glad he'd done it. Hang in there, kiddo!

freewheelingvagabond

Basenotes Institution
Jun 10, 2012
Recently since May I've been having many not so good perfume days. In other words, not enjoying very much what I put on, with the odd exception. Today is an exception. Enjoyed Cuir Cannage this morning, but absolutely loving wearing M since showering in the afternoon. This is such an amazing perfume. Too bad it is discontinued as well. I have over 100 ml of it, but I regret not getting more. One of those perfumes where there is no substitute.

freewheelingvagabond

Basenotes Institution
Jun 10, 2012
It's day 6 after my total hip replacement surgery. A few hours ago, I was having a very rough morning. My dear friends are taking extraordinaryily good care of me! Yet I was feeling so much pain and sterility & for a few minutes I was extremely sad. . I realized I just needed to smelll something nice.....enter a big spritz of Febreze lavendar air freshener around me, to the rescue! . I'm getting bergamot & orris notes & feel much more normal now. Tomorrow is my first Physical Therapy session post surgery.
Send me some virtual scented vibes, my smelly ones! They will help me heal up & keep my mind off these horrible days (on so many levels)...
Get well soon, knit! Maybe even catch up on some Cary Grant movies when you get the time?
Plus you smell amazing in Ambre Nuit. I had lukewarm response to it many years ago, but have changed my mind on it over the last 1-2 years. It ranks very high on my wish list now.

JakeStiebs

Smell Good, Feel Good
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2010
Good luck! My dad took that test when I was a kid, and was so proud to be able to put PE on his resume. He said the test was a bear.
It's been 3 months of studying and the test is 2, 4-hour sessions with 50 minutes in between fir a break. It is a bear indeed! I think it went well though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News