[Women's] SOTD Wednesday 24th of November 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
You are one brave woman.

The thing I'm most thankful for is not having to cook that damned meal tomorrow. Apart from the spiced pies, there's not one thing about it that I enjoy. My favorite, classic advice to all turkey cookers:

Just put the effin' turkey in the oven (YouTube)
I really like turkey (and all kinds of roast meat), but this woman is fantastic. Amazing video. I could listen to her for hours. Thank you for sharing!

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Good Morning!

Wearing Gold Leaf body creme by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz (not in the directory). This was released as the Heirloom Elixir #8 in 2019.
Notes: Aldehydes, Gold Leaf Accord, White Grape, Vine Leaf, Leafy Green Accord, Bergamot, Immortelle, Cognac, Apricot, Green Tiger Fig Accord, California Pink Jasmine, Jasmine Sambac, Jasmine Grandiflorum, Bulgarian Rose Otto, Honey Musk, French Beeswax, Labdanum, Oakwood CO2, Atlas Cedarwood, East Indian Sandalwood, Australian Sandalwood, Tobacco Absolute and
Green Oakmoss.

Whaaaattt? Now they're calling things accords that don't even have a smell. Or at least, if gold has a smell I've never detected it.

If by Gold Leaf Accord is meant this stuff for tinting picture frames and other artistic applications, it does have a smell, not exactly like turpentine but along the lines of similar art materials.

83BAE171-0B4F-40AE-9F88-3F548A51B5DC.jpeg

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
You are one brave woman.
If you want to know of one brave man ... Mr. Q did ours today! I'm most thankful for him and every day we spend together. More than ever, I am grateful for supportive friends who go by the names Marsha, Kim, Debbie, Otto, and ... Rachel, Kathryn, Christine, Kate, Catherine, Terry, Jon, Olga, Tara, Courtney, Patricia, Maggie, Ken, Mike, Juliana, Anindya, Toni, Ines, and all you kind folks whose first names I do not yet know.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
If by Gold Leaf Accord is meant this stuff for tinting picture frames and other artistic applications, it does have a smell, not exactly like turpentine but along the lines of similar art materials.

I suppose they could have meant that -- though it doesn't sound like a great smell. :) The only kind of gold leaf I'm familiar with is a microthin paper-like product that adheres to another material by pressure.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
The thing I'm most thankful for is not having to cook that damned meal tomorrow. Apart from the spiced pies, there's not one thing about it that I enjoy. My favorite, classic advice to all turkey cookers:

Just put the effin' turkey in the oven (YouTube)
Thank you , Cook.bot, I love her. "It tastes like cardboard!" Yes, yes it does. It does a bit better as soup, but I'd still rather have chicken.

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
SOTN:

375x500.17445.jpg

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
So, we're going to our young adult son and spouse's house to teach them how to roast turkey, make bread dressing, etc. We'll play board games while the turkey's in the oven.

Trilby, I just bought Ticket to Ride based on the strength of your recommendation. It arrived today. I'm so excited!

So tomorrow is Thanksgiving, my least-favorite holiday.

o_O Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. No tree, no presents, just food, family/friends, and board games! (At least at our house.) And pumpkin pie. It's the only time all year I bake anything resembling pastry.

Does it resemble Bandit?

Now that you mention it, yeah, it does -- minus the big punch in the mouth. Birch is more restrained.

More hugs for (((HoP))) and (((Q))).

After I showered off the samples, I doused myself in Zoologist Chipmunk. 'Tis the season.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Trilby, I just bought Ticket to Ride based on the strength of your recommendation. It arrived today. I'm so excited!

Great, ExtremeK! Ticket to Ride is super easy to learn. Just dive right in and don't worry too much about strategy in the beginning. Which version did you get - the OG American one? We started with that but have been playing the European version lately. So much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News