hednic

Oct 25, 2007

Jamal's Palace by Memo

jamals-palace-75ml-memo-paris-eau-de-parfum-869_1000x1000.jpg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
((((HoP)))) - this sounds like a shitty situation for you both. I also think you're doing the right thing - his rage is understandable, but your feelings and well being are very important. Hopefully it will all get better.

CuddleCat - glad you're enjoying Alaia! It's a peculiar one. It was my most worn scent this year, I especially enjoyed layering with it.

Smuggler's Soul by Lush today.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Sending hugs and strength to HOP, Quarry and anyone else in need.

Another of my cold weather scents today - Youth Dew Amber Nude.
I seem to crave spices and amber at this time of year.

HouseOfPhlegethon

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
I stuck with a selection from my November perfume tray and went with the classic Safran Troublant, one of the very few fragrances with prominent rose that I can wear.

<mini-rant>For the life of me, I do not understand why L’Artisan discontinued this beauty, especially as their recent releases seem to be striving - less successfully - for a spicy-woody-floral vibe. Don’t mess with perfection; you already had this in abundance with Safran Troublant.</mini-rant>

I can only hope that this is another Tea for Two situation, and the outcry to bring it back results in the very same. (Have a backup of the older clear bottle, just in case.)

Happy Tuesday, all!
I agree! I only have a sample and I rarely fish it out to wear because of its discontinuation.

Cuir Beluga this morning.

Thanks for all the (hugs) people. I'll stop bitchin' - won't make it any better anyhow.... :cautious: 🤪

RHM

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Good Morning!

Wearing Gold Leaf body creme by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz (not in the directory). This was released as the Heirloom Elixir #8 in 2019.
Notes: Aldehydes, Gold Leaf Accord, White Grape, Vine Leaf, Leafy Green Accord, Bergamot, Immortelle, Cognac, Apricot, Green Tiger Fig Accord, California Pink Jasmine, Jasmine Sambac, Jasmine Grandiflorum, Bulgarian Rose Otto, Honey Musk, French Beeswax, Labdanum, Oakwood CO2, Atlas Cedarwood, East Indian Sandalwood, Australian Sandalwood, Tobacco Absolute and Green Oakmoss.

Stay safe if you're traveling for the holiday.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
I'm sampling 3 different fragrances this morning:
  • Andrea Maack Birch - a mix of guaic and light birch tar that is ultimately too harsh for me (which is a little sad because David brought home a bottle of it for me from Iceland)
  • Rogue Perfumery Vetifleur -- a green floral that to my nose bears more than a passing resemblance to vintage Ysatis, which I prefer
  • Grandiflora Boronia -- a not-a-floral floral that starts off teetering on the edge of gourmand territory and then progresses into a woody, slightly sappy fragrance with an overall "floralcy" feel but no specific discernible "flower." @Cook.bot, it starts off a tad sweet but the sweetness dissipates quickly, sort of like having base notes at the top and top notes in the base.
I'm enjoying Vetifleur and Boronia, but I'll be satisfied just finishing off the samples.

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
The end of an era: my first department store perfume. 1978, I was 23. Years later, I discovered eBay and found my long-discontinued signature in all its peachy, astringent sweet and sour glory. No more to be found of late, I shall finish this off with aplomb over the next few days. At least I still have Amarige
20211124_093317.jpg

Italia

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
lt's cloudy & considerably colder here today. Trying to keep warm in Renaissance by Neil Morris, from my almost-finished sample.
Teardrop, could you describe this fragrance for me? I own and love several of Neil’s fragrances from his earlier days (Dark Season, North Woods, Midnight Sea and a few others), but he stopped updating his online retail site years ago, and I haven’t been able to keep up with his releases of the last 6-7 years. Would love to hear more about this one!

Wearing Gold Leaf body creme by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz (not in the directory). This was released as the Heirloom Elixir #8 in 2019

RHM, you made a perfect choice for a fall day. I think this one flew under the radar, even for many of Dawn’s devotees. It’s really evocative of the season. I have the extrait, and need to wear it again this weekend. I submitted Gold Leaf to the Directory last year, but it was never added to the database, and then I lost the list of notes. Thanks for reposting; I think I’m going to submit it again 😬.

Scent of the day for me is McQueen’s Kingdom ❤️. It made battling the 7:30 am, day before Thanksgiving madness at Whole Foods more tolerable.

• Love
Reactions: RHM

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
@Italia, do read my review in the BN Directory for a full description, but l will say here that Renaissance is a lovely, cosy fragrance for a cold day like today. :)

lt does irk me that Neil doesn't keep his website up to date. There's probably dozens of gorgeous fragrances in his line that people haven't tried, for precisely this reason.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing Aromatics Elixir today. I wanted to save it for the Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow but couldn't fight the irresistible urge. I can always wear it again the next day if the spirit moves me. It is almost impossible to plan my fragrance wears in advance lately, and my November rotation is out the window!

This year, I am thankful that I don't have 24+ people coming to our house for Thanksgiving. We are still practicing Covid safety while a few family members are not and are kind of militant about it. So, we're going to our young adult son and spouse's house to teach them how to roast turkey, make bread dressing, etc. We'll play board games while the turkey's in the oven. Calm. Blessing in disguise, really.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Mostly JM Pomegranate Noir with a little Borsari Macchia Mediterranea. Spices & herbs! Twenty or thirty years ago, there was a popular greeting card artist who did adorable mice-in-teacups sorts of illustrations. I feel like one of her chubby mice who's dived into a bowl full of potpourri and is lounging belly up, reveling in the blend of smells.

Thanks for the hugs. It helps knowing the parade murderer is in custody.

🎥 Mac Mini on its way (2018 version). It's exciting for now, then it'll be frustrating trying to integrate files and software, then I'll be elated when everything functions faster and better than on my old Mac.

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Hello everyone :) I have my last nightshift for now in a few hours. But the deadline of my essay is in one week, so not much time to relax this weekend, I suspect :).... It's quite a lot of snow outside and I was in the mood for Hypnotic poison. I almost forgot this was part of my rotation this month, so I make up for it now :) Hopefully the nightshift will be quiet tonight as, well :) Have a great day everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Shycat, I hope your soup is coming together deliciously!
HoP-I would do the same thing in your shoes.
Quarry 👍

So tomorrow is Thanksgiving, my least-favorite holiday. I am thankful not to be going anywhere. I'm not a turkey fan, so tomorrow's menu will be steak with custard tarts for dessert. I love all things custard. I'm wearing Champagne de Bois for a dash to the crafts store to get a big bag of yarn on sale. Big hugs to all of you!

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
It made battling the 7:30 am, day before Thanksgiving madness at Whole Foods more tolerable.

You are one brave woman.

The thing I'm most thankful for is not having to cook that damned meal tomorrow. Apart from the spiced pies, there's not one thing about it that I enjoy. My favorite, classic advice to all turkey cookers:

Just put the effin' turkey in the oven (YouTube)

Gold Leaf Accord

Whaaaattt? Now they're calling things accords that don't even have a smell. Or at least, if gold has a smell I've never detected it.

Andrea Maack Birch - a mix of guaic and light birch tar that is ultimately too harsh for me

Does it resemble Bandit?

I'm mini-syncing with @Wingie for the vetiver sync today: Chanel No. 19 parfum, from the little black lipstick case on the right. I usually don't wear this in cold weather, but today the green iris and vetiver/galbanum combination is absolutely sparkling in the dry, cold air.

Chanel_No19_MyGroup2.15april2020.jpg

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
So tomorrow is Thanksgiving, my least-favorite holiday. I am thankful not to be going anywhere. I'm not a turkey fan, so tomorrow's menu will be steak with custard tarts for dessert. I love all things custard. I'm wearing Champagne de Bois for a dash to the crafts store to get a big bag of yarn on sale. Big hugs to all of you!

Sounds like a perfect day, Foxbins!

♥️ 🐻 🌻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News