[Women's] SOTD Tuesday 27th of September 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Today marks the 1 year anniversary that we switched over from the old platform to the new platform on Basenotes.🍺

Going with Ralph Lauren Polo
375x500.890.jpg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Good morning!
I'm wearing Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour femme this week after last week's working at home and wearing whatever I please. This is the second day in the row.
This week is very extra busy and I'm also teaching the new colleague on top of everything else. Luckily she is a nice and smart person and seems to pick things up quickly.

Have a good day everyone!

JoM68

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 17, 2022
Good morning all. A beautiful, if chilly, autumnal morning. I got my Nicolai discovery set yesterday. Goodness it was beautifully packaged and they had scented the box with one of their room sprays, Maharadjah, and it smelt divine. Alas, OH was not taken with it. So, today's try is Ambre Cashmere Intense. There's an interesting vegetal note, which I guess may be the orris butter? Interesting.

Today is my last day off work after an extended long weekend, so going to enjoy the sunshine.
Have a fab day everyone.

ineespenes

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 27, 2006
Good morning :) Today is a lovely, sunny Autumn day. I really love this time of year with the crisp air, the smells and colours :) For a lateshift I'm in Dolce vita. I have tomorrow off, but then I work 8 days in a row before a 2 weeks holiday :) Have a great day everyone :)

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Thanks all you lovely people for your kind words & hugs, they really helped! :) l've made good progress today, & l'm more confident now that l'll get everything done on time. l'm working tomorrow, then l'll have one more day off before the big day.

l'm wearing Sundowner this evening, from my sample.
Last day you should have a celebration, you definitely deserve it. 🍸

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Hugs for @mikeperez23, @Shycat, @teardrop, @ExtremeK, and anyone else going through changes.

It was 96F on the patio yesterday. In late September, in the Pacific Northwest. Madness. Today I am cleaning out the gutters while wearing Mata Hari. I like the juxtaposition of an opulent perfume with a mundane chore.

ETA Robin, I hope you and your family will be safe during the storm. Thinking of you.

Robin-in-FL

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 18, 2011
Thank you all for the thoughts. The latest track has it a little south of the bay, which would be better in terms of storm surge certainly, and less populated area than the cities, but there's no good place to land a hurricane.

Mure et Musc Extreme last night and this morning too. But for the storm, will be Neil Morris City Rain (I'll front announce since we may lose power.) Have a great day, good smelling people.

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
Hermes 24 Faubourg from a sample. I seem to have a soft spot for Hermes fragrances in general.

I chose something gentle/safe smelling as I had to go in for a shot today and didn't want a person giving me a shot fainting. I had a scrubber last night, followed by the most indolic floral perfume I've ever worn, so wanted to be extra careful today.

I'm enjoying this one - makes me seem classier than in reality :D

Best thoughts to all those going through changes/experiencing weather.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Hugs for @mikeperez23, @Shycat, @teardrop, @ExtremeK, and anyone else going through changes.

It was 96F on the patio yesterday. In late September, in the Pacific Northwest. Madness. Today I am cleaning out the gutters while wearing Mata Hari. I like the juxtaposition of an opulent perfume with a mundane chore.

ETA Robin, I hope you and your family will be safe during the storm. Thinking of you.
This is how I think of you, Foxbins: fixing plumbing while wearing Salome!

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Could you tell us more? it is a beautiful bottle/packaging.

I usually hate the Micallef bottles but this one is superb. White Sea is a bit of a misnomer but it is fantastic. Fresh citrus and lavender opening and a long lasting intense drydown with iris, geranium, amber and musk. I purchased it primarily for the spectacular iris which stuck in my mind from a previous sampling but the composition as a whole is quite compelling. I always remember BN friend drseid referring to a "wet clay" accord and I absolutely agree with that assessment. Really unique stuff, sadly discontinued and quite hard to find now.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Le Parfum de Thérèse (created ~1966, released 2000) by Edmond Roudnitska

The end of the summer melons and plums.

254105-1000961602-1

Really unique stuff, sadly discontinued and quite hard to find now.

It occurs to me that everyone who gets into the perfume hobby will eventually become a collector, whether they want to or not, just because almost everything you love will eventually become a collectible.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
I usually hate the Micallef bottles but this one is superb. White Sea is a bit of a misnomer but it is fantastic. Fresh citrus and lavender opening and a long lasting intense drydown with iris, geranium, amber and musk. I purchased it primarily for the spectacular iris which stuck in my mind from a previous sampling but the composition as a whole is quite compelling. I always remember BN friend drseid referring to a "wet clay" accord and I absolutely agree with that assessment. Really unique stuff, sadly discontinued and quite hard to find now.
Thank you - it sounds very beautiful! :D

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Thank you all for the thoughts. The latest track has it a little south of the bay, which would be better in terms of storm surge certainly, and less populated area than the cities, but there's no good place to land a hurricane.

Mure et Musc Extreme last night and this morning too. But for the storm, will be Neil Morris City Rain (I'll front announce since we may lose power.) Have a great day, good smelling people.
Hope you stay safe Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...