Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007

Patchouli Blanc by Van Cleef & Arpels

o.2DUZiR0lTPm.jpg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
@ineespenes - I hope your day goes better than it started! I had a hard time getting up, too. My bastard cat kept purring by my side and asking to be petted, and that's a sure way to fall asleep again without getting up. I resisted! I need a couple more hours of sleep so much though.

@FiveoaksBouquet - such a beautiful display! I'm almost scent twins with you today as I chose Angel Muse EDP from the sample. I do have a bottle of EDT too and will probably wear it tomorrow. I think I even prefer EDT due to its tartness.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing the very purple Hypnòse by Lancôme by Thierry Wasser. I purchased a bottle of Hypnôse when it first launched in 2005 and wore it every day until it was gone. That's what I used to do with all my perfumes. I bought my second bottle during the pandemic out of a sense of nostalgia. Not sorry.

Notes: Passionflower, vanilla, vetiver, jasmine sambac.

eosphore

Basenotes Member
Sep 18, 2021
Hi everyone!
It's been a few days, how are you?

This morning it's foggy outside, i'm working from home and taking the opportunity to try again one of the first samples I got a few months ago: L'Orchestre Parfum Ambre Cello. I love its meditative warmth. There's something melancholic but also soft and familiar about it, I feel like this could become a favorite.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. More hugs for ((((Quarry))))❤️

Joining ClockworkAlice and FiveOaksBouquet in Angel Muse. The decant doesn’t specify but I’m pretty sure this is edp. I haven’t worn this in over a year, and I almost forgot just how good it is. I especially love the tangy, fresh citrus up top as well as the nutty-cocoa bit currently underway. (It reminds me of gianduja or Nutella.)

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Hello and best to everyone. More hugs for ((((Quarry))))❤️

Joining ClockworkAlice and FiveOaksBouquet in Angel Muse. The decant doesn’t specify but I’m pretty sure this is edp. I haven’t worn this in over a year, and I almost forgot just how good it is. I especially love the tangy, fresh citrus up top as well as the nutty-cocoa bit currently underway. (It reminds me of gianduja or Nutella.)
These are the qualities I love the most in this scent, too! The nutty chocolaty sweetness of Nutella + the tartness of grapefruity and berries is superb.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good afternoon all !. 💚 Mrs Q 💚

Will also be joining the Mugler appreciation with today's SotE. I only have one option so the choice is as easy as it gets :)

SotD: Jean Desprez - Bal A Versailles (vintage EDC).

fc898f5cd74214cb2ab81e.jpg

YVCEoSD.jpg

Robin-in-FL

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 18, 2011
Taking advantage of the unusual cold spell to wear Neil Morris Rumi. I put some on last night by spraying onto an oiled washcloth after the shower and using that damp cloth to dry off, then this morning two sprays, it's perfect this way. I don't have a good coordinating deodorant though, went with rose as it's the closest, and oddly neutral.

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Taking advantage of the unusual cold spell to wear Neil Morris Rumi. I put some on last night by spraying onto an oiled washcloth after the shower and using that damp cloth to dry off, then this morning two sprays, it's perfect this way. I don't have a good coordinating deodorant though, went with rose as it's the closest, and oddly neutral.
Good heavens I forgot the oiled washcloth trick. I did it last winter and loved it so much! Thanks for the reminder.

I persist in my safe, soft scents-- Rose Essentielle today.

ErinK

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 6, 2013
I wanted to pop in and send my love to (((Mrs. Q.))) 💜

Edited to add:

I hadn't been on Basenotes in some time, and popped in during my lunch break today.

Of course, the first thing that caught my eye was all the hugs for Mrs. Q so I've done my back-reading and promptly ate nearly a pint of peanut butter ice cream with worry. Now that my stomach hurts too much to focus on work, I may as well post a lil' update.

Today I'm wearing Cuir de Russie. I haven't worn perfume much lately as I don't have a proper place to keep them at the moment and they're all packed up in a storage bin in a closet. The days I have worn perfume lately, more often than not it's been Chanel 1957, so much that if I ever buy perfume again, it will be a bottle of that. I really do need to get a new cabinet for my perfumes, as they're doing absolutely no good to anyone in the closet. If I ever do get them out, I'll probably start to sell or gift them off, as I've become much less of a perfumeaholic over the past few years and could probably cull my collection down to about 10-15 bottles. (No.19, Infusion d'Iris, Hiris, Shermine, Bois de Iles, Shalimar, California Reverie, No.5 EP, L'eau d'Hiver, a fig and a vetiver, plus 1957, and I'd probably just fine save a sample from time to time.)

Non-perfume-wise: My partner Heather and I moved to Savannah, GA in August. I bought a house here. We adopted 2 more cats in October (we're up to 5 now). Rocky is 11.5 and is doing well and puts up nicely, most of the time, with his little brother Jasper.

Love to you all!

C Rose

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 26, 2010
It’s a good thing you’re upwind of me, Shycat, I’m wearing Balmain Ivorie, it’s the soapiest fragrance I know. (Wearing as per my visiting my least-worn fragrances project.)
Foxbins, I received the Dusita discovery box today! So far I’ve only tried Spendiris, I have a little dab of on one hand, (so I’m also being PURPLE) First impression is NIIIICE, but I have lots of Iris in my collection, so I’ll need to figure out if it’s redundant.
Hope continue to feel better xstitchalanna.

((Quarry))

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
@ErinK I'm so glad you stopped by! Five kitties! I thought I went a little overboard with three, but now I see there is more wiggle room :) I'm happy to hear that things are going well for you and yours.
@Shycat I try to get to Hawaii once a month. It's only 6 hrs away.
(((Quarry)))

I am still working my way through the Dusita discovery set, five left. I can't let myself get sidetracked or I have learned I will never go back to them. I can't tell you how many samples I've bought, tried two or three, and put the others aside for "later" only never to get to "later."
Yesterday I made really good oatmeal cookies with walnuts and cinnamon and I am wishing I had a perfume that smelled like them.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
When Angel Muse first came out, all the women of Basenotes were going gaga for it, so I blind bought a small bottle out of curiosity. It never did anything for me and has sat in a drawer unused for 5 or 6 years now. I just pulled it out to join in honoring Mr. Mugler, hoping my feelings might have changed.

Nope. No change. I smell none of the cocoa or hazelnut that others proclaim about. I think I must be anosmic to their ACs, because all I smell is a slightly sour green citrus opening, and then a bit of rose that is quickly overpowered by what seems to be butterscotch -- it has none of the dark, slightly smoky smell of caramel, it's just an ultra-sweet beige candy. That goes on for about an hour, and then it fades into a light patchouli with nothing earthy about it, just a grassy herbaceousness.

I'd like to find some version of Angel that I enjoy, because I like the idea of Angel. I guess it just isn't meant to be.

# # # # #

@ErinK , it's good to hear from you. I wish you'd drop by more often. I think the last time was when you were just getting ready to move to Savannah. Pretty there, isn't it? Used to be a favorite weekend getaway spot of mine, back when we still went places on weekends. Some friends of mine have a holiday cottage on Tybee Island.

💚 Miz Q 💚

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I can't let myself get sidetracked or I have learned I will never go back to them. I can't tell you how many samples I've bought, tried two or three, and put the others aside for "later" only never to get to "later."

All of my half-finished discovery sets are wondering why I can't learn that lesson too. Even more tragically, I do the same thing with sample swaps from other Basenoters, and then I feel really guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News