[Women's] SOTD Thursday 8th of December 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadaccount

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2022
Lets just say yesterday wasn't exactly fun, ever found that you where subscribed to something you never consented and being robbed blind? Resorted to a few measures and I just hope I get the money back but yeah pretty annoyed by that discovery in short don't to Top-Up your device with On Top Up you'll thank me later.
4b4824324b7ee18ceb0b4e2eeac53b9a.jpg

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Going with Guerlain Derby
375x500.5396.jpg

JoM68

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 17, 2022
Morning all. Super frosty but sunny. Everything looks very pretty.

@CharonLRdraws sorry to hear that. I too had a similar thing but thankfully got my money back, so keeping fingers crossed you will too.
@kewart sounds like you had a lovely trip.

This morning's sample is Methexis by Manos Gerakinis, a gourmand based around fig/dried fruits, honey and chocolate. Definitely a strong honey scent enveloping the fig/fruits and the chocolate too. It's sweet but in an acceptable way (for me). It quietens down quite quickly, but so far I like it.

Have a lovely day.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Good morning all !. Love the pics, kewart (y)

CharonLRdraws, really hope you get your money back🤞

Still below freezing here. Stopped off on the way back from the barbers to watch various wildfowl playing at Torvill and Dean on the frozen lake in the local park ⛸️🦆

Will be relaxing with Mozart and mulled wine this afternoon and treating the "blockbuster" Netflix documentary with the contempt it deserves by ignoring it completely (n)(n)(n)

Francesca Bianchi - Tyger Tyger.

Amazing-Tiger-photographs-24.jpg

375x500.64029_grande.jpg

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
Morning all!

Beautiful pics, @kewart! Glad you had a lovely trip.

Very pretty & frosty here, too. l might try to post a pic in a minute. l have the day off, & l'm planning to go & get some of the Christmas food later. Wearing lmperial Opoponax again, because it's so cosy in cold weather.

Edit: l've managed to post pics from my phone before, but this time it's saying the file is too large. Grrrrr, l give up. :rolleyes:

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
Good morning to everyone!

Today I chose Ange Ou Demon by Givenchy.

Both boys had no cavities, woot! My big guy (10) was a trooper and had two baby teeth extracted, and my little one (7) had his molars sealed. I’m hoping that we can continue the trend and never encounter a cavity (probably unlikely, but one can dream).

Have a great day 🌞

chad34

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 3, 2022
Good morning to everyone!

Today I chose Ange Ou Demon by Givenchy.

Both boys had no cavities, woot! My big guy (10) was a trooper and had two baby teeth extracted, and my little one (7) had his molars sealed. I’m hoping that we can continue the trend and never encounter a cavity (probably unlikely, but one can dream).

Have a great day 🌞
I'd call that a win for the day, nice job @kosui no kaori!!!!

ineespenes

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 27, 2006
Hello everyone :) During last night/the nightshift I seem to have gotten a nasty cold :( My nose is blocked and running. I just have one more nightshift to go now, so I'm going to work. At least the shifts so far have been quiet (knock on wood...) I felt like wearing something comforting, and woody scents are just that for me. So sotd is Ava Luxe Moksha. A lovely mix of sandalwood,pine, cedarwood and some citrus and a tiny bit of musk to my(blocked) nose :)

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
@Cook.bot--I do go ocean swimming quite frequently in the summer, less in winter because the water is colder and the wind blows more and I get really cold walking home. Once I get cold it takes me a long time to warm up 🥶.

Today might be a two cup of coffee morning because I'm not awake yet despite being out of bed since 5 a.m. SOTD is Stash.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
and treating the "blockbuster" Netflix documentary with the contempt it deserves by ignoring it completely

What documentary is that, Jon?

I am wearing my new acquisition, something I wanted to buy for many years now.
First vintage extrait - Van Cleef & Arpels

I had a tiny mini of that VC&A First extrait, and it was pretty great -- J-C Ellena's first big hit, I believe.

+++++++++++++++

No frost here today, as our little freak warm spell continues (almost 70F/19C). I'm enjoying a light smear of vintage sandalwood oil from Avon. (I doubt it's real mysore, since it's only from 1997, and besides, it's Avon. But it still smells pretty damned good.)

AvonSheerEssencesSandalwoodOil.HalfOunce.jpg

sakecat

Sep 3, 2022
@Kiliwia - Is your bottle of Addict EDT as spicy floral vanillic as I remember? I just got back from sniffing at the mall, found a tester bottle of Dior Addict (regular blue bottle), sprayed, sniffed, and couldn't smell anything. I remember Addict being pretty powerful.
That being said, I had inadvertently spritzed my hand with Dior Poison 60 seconds prior - so I may have totally shut down my nose.

SOTD (by accident - because I hit both the smelling strip and my hand) - Dior Poison.
I now smell why perfumistas consider this scent one of the benchmark tuberose scents.
To me, the years have been kind to this one - I'm not getting the "berry barf" accord of my youth.
I suspect it's that "berry barf" accord that people are missing when they complain about Poison's reformulations.
I despised/resented this stuff in the 80s.
Despised it because of its nuclear fruit notes.
Resented it because my teenage gothy self wanted to be able to wear something called Poison.
Poison has become a lot more wearable in its current form. Still pretty nuclear, significantly more floral, does not scrub off easily.
I wound up buying a bottle.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
d'Oh! Missed a doctor's appointment today. Rescheduling not easy. Missed tango last night because I came home from work and crashed. Giving it some thought, I realize that when I'm done with work—substitute teaching—all I want is to be home. I am getting older as I am within a year and a half of 70, and I think I'm done with any idea of going out after work, other than maybe groceries on the way home. As a sub, I can take days off at will. I will be limiting myself to three days a week, and sometimes just two, and use the weekdays off for getting things done and for enjoying life.

SOTD was ELdO Rien. Of all the December Resolution to Finish Off scents, this at seven years old, is the least turnt, and one I will probably repurchase. A student even noticed it tday and thought it was pretty cool.

ps—I think the short cloudy days have shortened my day, too. By 5 pm I am ready for jammies!

Last edited:

Kiliwia

Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2010
@Kiliwia - Is your bottle of Addict EDT as spicy floral vanillic as I remember? I just got back from sniffing at the mall, found a tester bottle of Dior Addict (regular blue bottle), sprayed, sniffed, and couldn't smell anything. I remember Addict being pretty powerful.
The blue bottle of Dior Addict is stronger and longer lasting than the edt. I have a small one from 2010 a larger one from a couple years ago for a backup. They are both the same in strength and are quite a spicy vanilla scent. It's strange you couldn't smell anything, maybe try it again sometime. The edt is nice, you don't have to careful how much you put on, it won't annoy anyone, but I still prefer the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...