fanny

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 25, 2015
375x500.11210.jpg

Robin-in-FL

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 18, 2011
Ted Lapidus Fantasme.

The week till now was just Mure Et Musc Extreme. It's hot and not raining enough! Today working at work in the crazy air conditioning though.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Eau de Lalique by Emilie Copperman

This is the most invigorating citrus eau I own, juicy and lightly spicy but with the endurance of an EDT, and it's going to prove its mettle today. It's due to be 95F/36C with 85% humidity, which means the heat index will be 110F/43C. I marvel at the thought of all the previous generations who worked through these southern summers without air conditioning. And in floor length skirts and waistcoats, no less!

I'm looking forward to a report on the Hawaiian weather from @foxbins.

9818979e38a3ca62bce0f05b97d9428d--lalique-fragrances.jpg

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
I wore my Mom's Crabtree and Evelyn Rose perfume in Kentucky and she told me I smelled good. Such a lot of work I go to for a compliment! It was too hot for us to spend time outside but we had a nice time totally focused on old movies, skin care, and our next meal.
I have never been so moisturized.

Today I'm home today in AA Gentiana.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
I had a great workout this morning (Apres l'Ondee EdT by Guerlain) and then had the most demanding day at the office since my return from my sabbatical - I'm mentally exhausted. I wore:

Mr. Vetiver by Un Nuit Nomade

26146294-5017-j

I love this stuff. It has this vetiver note (like Vetiver Extraordinaire) that smells like a rubber life preserver. I love it!!!

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
@cazaubon A bad travel day here too. A crew member found a long, pointy screwdriver in the aircraft main cabin after passengers were allowed to board, so we sat on the ground while they tried to determine if a maintenance person had left it or if we should all get off the plane, get rescreened by TSA, and have the baggage in cargo removed and rescreened. Fortunately, a maintenance person 'fessed up, but then there was the paperwork that needed to be completed. We were delayed two hours, and then after arrival the ramp from the cargo hold to the baggage handlers wouldn't work, so the luggage was delayed. I hope your day was just long and tiring with no major glitches.

@Cook.bot Weather here is 82F and breezy. It's glorious. Have you ever been to Hawaii?

Kewart and Jon, I was sorry to hear the news about PM Johnson.

I'm not wearing any scent today, but I smell slightly of rum, having made a pina colada when I got here.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I need to get back into a routine of regularly posting in the SotD threads,

Indeed you do, we miss you when you're not here!

We were delayed two hours, and then after arrival the ramp from the cargo hold to the baggage handlers wouldn't work, so the luggage was delayed.

Ugh. If I ever acquire a vacation home, remind me to get one that can be reached by train.

@Cook.bot Weather here is 82F and breezy. It's glorious. Have you ever been to Hawaii?

Only once, when I was barely more than a child. The weather there wouldn't suit me any more than it does here in the sweaty South. I'd take the damp and pearly grey Pacific Northwest over either of them, any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News