Oct 25, 2007

Rouge 540 by Baccarat in Crystal

549a36d4bb91e_-_hbz-rouge-540-promo.jpg

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Thankful for all of you here at Basenotes. ❤️

We are hosting 21 (vaccinated) this year. Most we took in are on their own with no family to celebrate with. Thanksgiving dinner ties with Christmas Eve dinner for my favorite meal of the year. I love it all, from the roast turkey to the sides to the desserts.

SOTD is Black Opium. Celebrating or no, I wish you all a good and peaceful day.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
🙃Greetings to all the sweeties who posted above me.☝️

Today I'm completely enchanted by Borsari Macchia Mediterranea. It's been described as a powdery green, as an incense scent, and a former BNer posted that it smelled like green herbs on her. The official notes say it's composed of incense, nutmeg, white flowers, cinnamon. For me, it's always conjured an image of harvested herbs, tied in bundles, and hanging in a timbered attic. While I truly appreciate aldehydic creations from Chanel, Mach Med touches me with its organic representation of the real world.

I'm so enchanted that it makes me pity all those civilians who don't know what it's like to feel o_Oed by a fragrance. But you understand.

BIL gave us an extra deer from his family's hunt. After Mr. Q comes in with his bow from his deer stand this morning, we'll be butchering (in the clumsiest sense) the donor deer for the freezer. Lunch may be just mock crab sandwiches, but we have sparkling grape juice to liven our festivities.

May your day, anywhere, be as full of good tidings as represented by tdem's example of welcome, gratitude, and hospitality.

👇Hello, sweeties who follow. 😗

HouseOfPhlegethon

Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
🙃Greetings to all the sweeties who posted above me.☝️

Today I'm completely enchanted by Borsari Macchia Mediterranea. It's been described as a powdery green, as an incense scent, and a former BNer posted that it smelled like green herbs on her. The official notes say it's composed of incense, nutmeg, white flowers, cinnamon. For me, it's always conjured an image of harvested herbs, tied in bundles, and hanging in a timbered attic. While I truly appreciate aldehydic creations from Chanel, Mach Med touches me with its organic representation of the real world.

I'm so enchanted that it makes me pity all those civilians who don't know what it's like to feel o_Oed by a fragrance. But you understand.

BIL gave us an extra deer from his family's hunt. After Mr. Q comes in with his bow from his deer stand this morning, we'll be butchering (in the clumsiest sense) the donor deer for the freezer. Lunch may be just mock crab sandwiches, but we have sparkling grape juice to liven our festivities.

May your day, anywhere, be as full of good tidings as represented by tdem's example of welcome, gratitude, and hospitality.

👇Hello, sweeties who follow. 😗
Haven't eaten venison in years, let alone gone hunting [in eons]. Enjoy!

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
A very happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating!

@Quarry, my husband goes deer hunting every year as well in November, and just went a couple weeks ago but didn't get anything. He hasn't gotten one in a few years now. This year, he and a buddy hunted in a spot quite close to the city, and he was thus limited to using shotguns and black powder for the first time - no rifles. Many deer were spotted, but they couldn't get a clean shot on any, and the black powder kept misfiring and scaring them away. I've heard bow can be even more challenging, but there's also a simplicity to it that seems appealing. Congrats on your venison, it's lovely to have a freezer full of it for the winter! 💚

I'm in Helmut Lang EDP today.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Donna255 reminded me that it's the season for Angels Share, so I'm wearing it today. I'm ignoring all the Black Friday emails for scent, though I did buy a new Kindle Paperwhite. My old one is having trouble charging. Going for a walk in a few and then I will either read or work on my knitted blanket project.
Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate, and congrats on the venison, Quarry.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Venison seems like the most appropriate food you could eat on Thanksgiving, along with corn. Personally, I'm heading into a seafood feast after spraying on some:

Castaña by Cloon Keen Atelier

26132603-419.jpg

A most suitable feast-day scent of cardamom, vetiver, and chestnuts (which smell like hazelnuts to me). A most stunning scent, but not FBW for me due to endurance problems.

Happy holiday to everyone who's getting a nice long weekend!

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
HoP, Wingie, foxbins, Cook.bot, the nephew-in-law who shot this young buck, hit it six(!) times, making a third of the meat unusable. (I wonder if he fired his gun more times that missed?) That's awful shooting for a hunter in his 40s. With crossbow hunting, you've got one good chance. No rapid reload. Mr. Q is an excellent marksman who tries to take older deer that might not do well getting through one more winter. There are hunters, and then there are hunters.

Italia, it's cruel of me to talk up the Borsari when it's been disco'd. I guess it didn't have a big following, but it had at least a fanatic of one.

ineespenes

Apr 27, 2006
Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate :) Before I went to bed after my nightshift this morning I put on Ta'if. I put on some more after another shower to wake me up after my nightshift :) I hope all have a lovely evening. I will relax tonight, but tomortow I will continue on my essay with deadline the 1st :eek: So far I rhink I'm on schedule :)

Kotori

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
Happy Thanksgiving, All!

@N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer Thanks for thinking of me. First Thanksgiving without any grandparents.

@tdem1961 I love your Thanksgiving style! I try to do that, too. Though this year a couple cancelled on us so there are just 7 of us that I cooked for, including my uncle who is staying here from out of town and needed somewhere to be now that his mom had passed on.

@ineespenes Get some rest.

I’m breaking my 6-year L de Lolita Thanksgiving Day streak, and wearing Gucci Rush with my red, pink, and black ensemble. This fragrance has good memories for me and my kiddos.

ComDiva

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2006
Hello, and Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating - I, too, am grateful for all of you wonderful BN-ers!

Today we will have vegetarian Thanksgiving (cream of mushroom soup, homemade spanikopita, homemade vegetable lasagna, maple roasted sweet potatoes, skordalia (look it up! :) ) , assorted salads, and chocolate shoo fly pie and pumpkin pie for dessert), then I make roasted turkey for Friday night dinner, with all the various fixings so nobody feels left out.

I'm also incredibly grateful because *I GOT A GREAT JOB!!!* Associate Director of Public Affairs and Communications for one of the top behavioral health hospitals in the US. I start December 13.

SOTD is Dasein Winter - A joyous fragrance for me, that also lets me channel Ms. Q!

26144555-87.jpg

Winter fragrance notes: Blue spruce, pine, black cardamom, french lavender.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating!

Congrats on your new job, ComDiva! I'm so happy for you.

I wore Orchidee Vanille by VC&A and then Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone. Ginger Biscuit is back in my perfume wardrobe not because of the vanilla note but for the ginger note and the other soft spice notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest News