Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Going with Halston Z-14
375x500.3697.jpg

ineespenes

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 27, 2006
Good morning everyone.. . Yesterday we went to see the (replica) of the burned down Stave church. It was cool to have seen it, but it also just made me sad thinking about that it used to be a church there in the 90's from early Middleages :( I also seem to have a cold going on, but I don't think it's covid. I will take a test to make sure, though :) Today's plan (if no covid) is maybe a foodmarked and a museum. Sotd is Tam dao.
I tried to post a picture, but it just kept saying it was too large :/ So here's a link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantoft_Stave_Church

Teardrop, good luck!

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
teardrop, wishing that your meeting was successful!

It's hot today, but I don't have to go anywhere today, so I'm just putting on sweet and heavy florals on me - I never wear these to work as everyone hates florals anyway. I understand. Even I used to dislike them before, and for people prone to headaches they might be horror.

I started the day with JPG's Classique Eau Fraiche - a cheeky cocktail of sugared lemon/lime and tropical flowers, and at late afternoon I'm topping it up with a spicy white floral - McQueen edp by A. McQueen. They pair well. I feel like I'm starting to feel what might pair well together and I'm enjoying it :)

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
Well folks l have fantastic news, we've been accepted for tenancy at the flat l viewed this morning!! 😃🥳🍾 lt only has one bedroom so it's smaller than we're used to, but it has its own pretty little private garden, where l can see myself whiling away many happy hours. This is essential for my mental health! ln fact l think what clinched it was my saying in our application how l'd be sure to take care of the garden. ;)

We have to complete a form & pay a holding deposit, then there's credit checks & references to be done, but l don't anticipate any problems there. There's lots of packing & decluttering to do now, but l have two weeks off coming up so thankfully l have time, & the provisional date for our move is September 30th. What a relief that we now have somewhere to go, & it's all quite exciting now that l can put my organisational skills to use. Yippeeeeee!

ineespenes

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 27, 2006
Well folks l have fantastic news, we've been accepted for tenancy at the flat l viewed this morning!! 😃🥳🍾 lt only has one bedroom so it's smaller than we're used to, but it has its own pretty little private garden, where l can see myself whiling away many happy hours. This is essential for my mental health! ln fact l think what clinched it was my saying in our application how l'd be sure to take care of the garden. ;)

We have to complete a form & pay a holding deposit, then there's credit checks & references to be done, but l don't anticipate any problems there. There's lots of packing & decluttering to do now, but l have two weeks off coming up so thankfully l have time, & the provisional date for our move is September 30th. What a relief that we now have somewhere to go, & it's all quite exciting now that l can put my organisational skills to use. Yippeeeeee!
Congrats! I'm so happy for you :)

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
Teardrop - Congratulations! I am so relieved. Maybe the smaller size is a blessing in disguise - but then I am a minimalist who is fascinated by small space living. People can get very creative with making it work and making it attractive.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
Such a great news, teardrop!
And hooray for the garden! I'm not the biggest fan of the gardenwork myself, and yet I still catch myself dreaming of trees and flowers and a cute meadow that is all mine from time to time.
Wishing you lots of patience packing!

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
CONGRATULATIONS Teardrop. So happy for you. 🎉👍
A garden will be such a bonus too.

I have been very busy baking and preparing for some entertaining we are doing this weekend. I forgot to scent myself until now ( that hardly ever happens!)
Wearing Jour de Fête by L’Artisan Parfumeur.

knit at nite

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 5, 2009
Wearing a generous application of my treasured Guerlain Vetiver Pour Elle
Had a foggy morning, which keeps the heat down, but it's burning off now.

We will require Pix of your new garden once you've moved in, of course, dear teardrop. So happy you found a new place!

Kotori

In my little cloud
Basenotes Plus
Aug 17, 2006
Oh, goodness! It looks like I missed my own BN anniversary party!

Thanks for acknowledging my milestone, @N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer, @kewart, @JON RODGERS, @donna255, @teardrop, @purplelilac, @tdem1961, @HouseOfPhlegethon, @Lyric82, @Trilby Lark, @HUMBERTO, @ineespenes, @cazaubon, @knit at nite, @ClockworkAlice, @foxbins!

16 years is indeed a long time! And being here has become a major element of my life, knowledge base, interests, and human connections. I may have learned a lot while here (and I adore learning), but my friendships with all of you have been without a doubt the most valuable thing I’ve found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest News