[Women's] SOTD Saturday 4th of December 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007

Baie Rose Absolute Oil by Clive Christian

absolute-perfume-oil-clive-christian_0004_Clive_Christian_Absolutes_Baies-Rose_RGB.jpg

Kiliwia

Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2010
Good morning, all! We are expecting our 2nd winter storm to start this afternoon, so not planning on going out at all today. Wearing a sample of Forbidden Games, with notes of apple, peach, plum, cinnamon, Bulgarian rose, bourbon geranium, jasmine, vanilla, honey and opoponax.

Have a nice Saturday! 😊
u_3760184351530_06.jpeg

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Hi everyone. Hope life is treating you all well.

I am loving Rex , FiveoaksBouquet!

We are off to have lunch with friends They live
in rural Worcestershire and we are looking forward
to seeing our Goddaughter (their daughter) who will be back from the
USA for a while.

I plan to wear Acqua di Parma Mandorlo di Sicilia.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. Kiliwia, stay safe and snug!

Chopard Casmir today. I had this some years back and loved it. I’d been wanting to replenish, so when a gently used bottle recently showed up on Fleabay for peanuts, I grabbed it. It’s big, rich, delicious; almost but not quite gourmand. Perfect fragrance for winter holidays. Hugs to all. Xo

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
@FiveoaksBouquet so you're the wearer and the bear's the bearer, and you have to tussle a scuffle -- you versus Ursus -- with a bear for a share if you care to wear No. 5 edp? Mercy me!

Jon, how do you keep finding all these stunning wallpaper photos for me?!

Carthusia Io Capri, because it smells charmingly old fashioned.

Last edited:

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
@FiveoaksBouquet so you're the wearer and the bear's the bearer, and you have to tussle a scuffle -- you versus Ursus -- with a bear for a share if you care to wear No. 5 edp? Mercy me!

Jon, how do you keep finding these all these stunning wallpaper photos for me?!

Carthusia Io Capri, because it smells charmingly old fashioned.

Wonderful poetry, Quarry "Versus ursus" is brillian! Rex and I are honoured.

Wingie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 2, 2009
FiveOaks, I’m also enjoying Rex. Your SoTD posts are so creative in the ways you express and share your fragrance choices - it’s wonderful.

I am in Heure Exquise today, for a day of housecleaning and decluttering. Christmas gifts are already arriving and piling up - need to find a spot where they’re out of the way until they can be wrapped.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday.

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
Evening all!

Wingie, l also have gifts stashed away in various places waiting to be wrapped. And l still haven't written any cards. :giggle: But the house is clean & the tree is looking lovely!

Enjoying a lazy day here, & l'm finally scented & house twins with Kiliwia in Angels' Share, from my sample.

Hope everyone is feeling rested & having a nice weekend!

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
FiveOaks, I’m also enjoying Rex. Your SoTD posts are so creative in the ways you express and share your fragrance choices - it’s wonderful.

I am in Heure Exquise today, for a day of housecleaning and decluttering. Christmas gifts are already arriving and piling up - need to find a spot where they’re out of the way until they can be wrapped.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday.

Thank you, Wingie!

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
FiveOaks, Rex is adorable.

I am house triplets with Caz and Jon today, I'm wearing Safran Troublant. I have a day of errands ahead, and if I am done early enough there is a ginger cake from the NYT that I've been wanting to bake.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm visiting the lovely California desert community of Palm Springs, the capitol of midcentury-modern architecture, often veering towards kitsch. It's a delight! The only fragrance I brought is Coromandel, so that's what I'm wearing. Have a good day!

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Foxbins, I'll take a slice of that ginger cake. I've never met a ginger anything I didn't like.

Meantime, I'll settle for a slice of the airy cardamom-lemon cake that is Ellena's Voyage d'Hermes. Our freak warm spell continues (76F/24C, ten degrees warmer than Southern California presently), so I can take a break from the winter spices and leathers.

HermesVoyageEDT.jpg

Trilby, I'm dying to hear what you're up to in Palm Springs. It's one of my favorite spots in all of California.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I just saw this excellent idea in the DIY Forum, in a thread on creating car air fresheners. I thought this deserved wider dissemination.

I've been using a wooden clothes peg for the last 3-4 years. I just put a few drops of essential oil on it and use the peg to hold onto the air grille. The oil will soak into the wood but needs to be used fairly soon as it's volatile so won't stick around forever. This won't give out a constant aroma. I do it whenever I feel like I want to smell X oil. I normally use peppermint or lemon oil but also use frankincense on a seperate peg during the Christmas holidays. If you try this method you won't have to worry about projection, trust me on this! Just turn on your fan and voila! You can also put a few drops of oil on your floor mats, assuming they are carpet, and you'll get the desired effect too.

Since the wooden clothespins we have here are made of unfinished wood, this seemed like a brilliant idea to me.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
@Quarry - I'm so glad that you have finally received you new Mac, hope it will be a good distraction for you from the side effects! ((((More Hugs for you))))

@FiveoaksBouquet - I love the photo of Rex with No. 5.

@Kiliwia , hope the storm past through without any damage!

I started with Wazamba by Parfum d'Empire, it was my first time wearing my sample. Wore it for the weekend Christmas tree sync and I did find it Christmassy - A bit more incense than Xmas tree (cypress and balsam fir) with plum as well and there was some aldehydes in the top notes, too. Then, it was Ginger Biscuit by Jo Malone (soft spices including lots of ginger with a biscuit base, not just vanilla) and finally, I had a sudden craving for LPRN Black Perfecto EDP so that was my evening scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News