Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Going with Dior Eau Sauvage EDT
il_1588xN.3969152555_dcio.jpg

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm having a pleasant lie in this morning whilst burning a Charcoal Woods candle and wearing Unknown Pleasures perfume. There is a nice cool marine layer that's inspiring a contemplative mood. I have a feeling I'm about to enter my Kerosene gourmand phase of the year. Soon, I'll be wearing flannel shirts again. Sweater Weather is my happy time. 🙂

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I'm thinking about teardrop setting up her new living space. ❤️

I'll bet you're jealous, aren't you? That's just your kind of activity -- a blank canvas to work with.

It's the most stunning day here. Right after a hurricane passes over, the air the next day is so pure and crystal-clear that it almost stings your nose. It's as if all that circular power sucks all the particulates, pollution and humidity completely out with it, like a tornado.

And it wound up being a pretty uneventful storm for us, just a few fallen trees from the 50mph winds and 4 inches of rain in 12 hours. My power only went out for 2 hours. And now I need to freeze some of that mass of Mexican food I bought so it doesn't go bad before I get sick of it.

Joining the weekend sync in L'Air du Desert Marocain, with a big hat tip to @foxbins.

26125572-883-j

tumblr_oqigdpA2KU1vebxe7o1_500.gifv

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I'm glad Charon feels better and that the hurricane was uneventful!

Best wishes to teardrop as rearranging things and making spaces liveable and putting things where they are supposed to be sounds like nightmare to me. I hope some of Trilby's energy does channel to you!

Making some mulled wine to get cozy with a book and a blanket and a boyfriend (and his book) for the evening in Guerlain's Eau de Lingerie.

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
That sounds utterly sexy to me. I'll bet the cat's happy too.
I think she is, but she's trying her best not to show it. She is mildly unhappy that the balcony is closed and when she meows enough for it to be opened it's too damp and chilly in it for bird watching and fly catching. Poor kitty. I offered her a blanket but she chose to sit on a chair nearby. I'm sure she will come here eventually though.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Joining the weekend sync in L'Air du Desert Marocain, with a big hat tip to @foxbins.
How are you liking it? Fragrantica says LADDM was meant to be a lighter Le Maroc pour Elle. I adore Le Maroc, but LADDM was a big no.

I'm wearing Chipmunk and doing weekend chores and errands. I might make some pumpkin bread or muffins later.

Teardrop, I hope the unpacking is going well!

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
I suppose I should try Le Maroc now too. What are the big differences? Maroc more floral?
On me, Le Maroc is a HUGE jasmine/rose/woody thing with enormous projection and it easily lasts 24 hours. I also find it quite sweet. Not Angel sweet, but edging into that territory.

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
Posting very late indeed after a long day's unpacking, & things are taking shape here. :) Our internet won't be connected until Monday so I'm posting on my phone which is always more tricky for me than the laptop, so I'll say more later, but I'm really happy with how it's going so far.

I wore DK Gold again this morning, & after a shower I'm in Sundowner for the evening.

Ahimsa

Dec 2, 2016
I've had this & the original Noa sitting around for years.
nothing earthshaking but ... pretty.
some days call for that.
Olivier Cresp.
Top : Green Notes, Coriander Extract and Cassis;
middle: Peony, Bulgarian Rose, Hibiscus, Coffee and Nutmeg;
base : Peony, White Musk and Benzoin.

s-l640.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...