Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Monday syncing with Guerlain Heritage EDT
375x500.1880.jpg

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
Morning all!

l'll join you in that rain dance, Jon. 💃🌧️ Maybe they should do what they did in 1976 & appoint a Minister for Drought. As soon as they did that, we got epic amounts of rainfall! 😄

l have the day off, & l'm wearing G Clef to catch up on some light housework before retiring to the sunlounger later.

The flat hunting continues although there are meager pickings out there. The place l looked at the other week was made unavailable the day after l applied for it, with no explanation. There was something fishy about the whole setup though, so maybe we dodged a bullet there. l've just called an agent about another property that l like the look of, but they can't book viewings yet so l've been added to a "holding list", to be contacted when they can access it. l've widened my search to include 1-bedroom properties as well as 2, so hopefully that'll give us more options & save a bit of money. Keep sending those positive vibes, folks! 🤞

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Fingers crossed for Teardrop! @ineespenes and @ClockworkAlice , considering how much snow and cold you both have to endure in winter, it's extra nice to hear you're both making the most of your summers with trips and festivals.

Speaking of snowy winters, we haven't seen @Kiliwia around here in quite a while.

YSL “Y” is my choice for today.

Great idea! I think I'll join you, since it's one of the few vintage chypres I own that can handle the 90F+ temps.

Catherine Deneuve and young Yves at the "Y" launch. I wish I owned that giant bottle under her hand.

Y_DeneuveWithYvesAndY.jpg

ClockworkAlice

Cakesniffer
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
@ineespenes - have a great time in festival and scream your ass off during Nick Cave!!! This will be amazing.
I'm seeing Nick Cave in Vilnius next Tuesday. I cannot believe it is so soon.

@teardrop - best luck finding the best flat!

@Cook.bot - thank you! When you have short summers you just have to squeeze everything out of the few warm and sunny months. But honestly you cannot lump me and Inees together here. Compared to her eternal nights in winter I'm a Southern gal here. By April we usually don't even have snow anymore ;D

Happy International Cat day to @CuddleCat, @Kitty2Shoes, @Cook.bot, @PStoller, @DrTricia, @tigrushka and everyone else here who loves cats, and to all your little tigers here!
My darling has just got some extra chicken and duck, and is purring on my lap while I type all doused in Guerlain Insolence EDT.
🐱

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
teardrop - keep your chin up, you will find something, I'm sure of it

Trilby - belated birthday wishes for your husband + this weekend I wore a spray of vintage Dune and thought of you

Shycat - I was a spelling bee winner myself. In fact, we had a spelling bee for my whole company (online, virtual) and I won it also. It was easy. Apparently my company is full of young millennials who rely on subtitles and spell check to help them spell lol. I won a $100 Amazon gift card and all my co-workers tease me now when I misspell something lol. Glad to hear that you'll be getting some company, from your niece, now that you're home alone

I had a good weekend. Saturday was the one (1) year anniversary of my mothers death. It was sad and so I took care of myself and watched movies she liked and got a massage. Dad is good (we spoke). All is well. Onward!

Today, I drained a decant. My SOTD is one of my absolute favorite tea fragrances. I smell the tea note vividly and right away (I must be hyperosmic to it, for some reason), I really enjoy this one. There's a neroli/orange blossom. Other florals. Plus this weird ambergris and tobacco combination that perhaps is what makes it so unique. I have to figure out if I am going to buy another decant of it. I def don't want a FB.

Sir Winston by Bortnikoff Perfumes

26159530-5286-j

ineespenes

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 27, 2006
teardrop - keep your chin up, you will find something, I'm sure of it

Trilby - belated birthday wishes for your husband + this weekend I wore a spray of vintage Dune and thought of you

Shycat - I was a spelling bee winner myself. In fact, we had a spelling bee for my whole company (online, virtual) and I won it also. It was easy. Apparently my company is full of young millennials who rely on subtitles and spell check to help them spell lol. I won a $100 Amazon gift card and all my co-workers tease me now when I misspell something lol. Glad to hear that you'll be getting some company, from your niece, now that you're home alone

I had a good weekend. Saturday was the one (1) year anniversary of my mothers death. It was sad and so I took care of myself and watched movies she liked and got a massage. Dad is good (we spoke). All is well. Onward!

Today, I drained a decant. My SOTD is one of my absolute favorite tea fragrances. I smell the tea note vividly and right away (I must be hyperosmic to it, for some reason), I really enjoy this one. There's a neroli/orange blossom. Other florals. Plus this weird ambergris and tobacco combination that perhaps is what makes it so unique. I have to figure out if I am going to buy another decant of it. I def don't want a FB.

Sir Winston by Bortnikoff Perfumes

26159530-5286-j
It sounds like something I would love :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News