[Women's] SOTD Friday 25th of November 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I just completed my first Black Friday purchase gifts online, nice to get some of it done and out of the way.

Syncing with Chanel Bois Noir
375x500.34568.jpg

teardrop

Basenotes Institution
Sep 1, 2010
Morning all!

l've been discovering the joys of self-adhesive hooks & fixings for picture frames, so l could hang some stuff in the flat without the need to drill holes. l've got hooks on the back of the bedroom door for our bathrobes, hooks in the kitchen for a calendar, a little wall plaque & a colander, & yesterday l hung a canvas painting in the lounge with a self-adhesive canvas hanger. There's a framed picture that needs re-framing before l hang it in the bedroom, & l've had to order a custom-made frame, but l've already got some heavy-duty self-adhesive fixings for it. These things are brilliant, & can be removed without any damage to the paintwork. You might say l'm hooked! 😁

l bought some smart little storage boxes the other day while l was in town, so today l'll be fine-tuning the storage arrangements for all our paperwork. These will look so much better than the shoe boxes we're currently using! l'm really enjoying putting in the finishing touches around here. :) And at some point l'll have to figure out where to put the Christmas tree...

l'm synching in Sahara Noir today.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Hello and best to everyone. @Cook.bot, on the one hand it felt like a treat not doing all the work here. On the other it was strange having so much time on my hands! I did contribute a side dish of Brussels sprouts, red onion, diced crisped prosciutto tossed with olive oil, S&P, roasted and finished with a drizzle of honey and balsamic vinegar. And we brought two pies and an amarone.

In synch with Estée Lauder Modern Muse Nuit. Wish you all a good day and weekend to come. 🫂❤️

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
The journey is just too good and I am also holding out for Cook.bot as a potential scent twin🤞

Wish granted! Unfortunately I can't join you in the lovely parfum, though. When I opened up that gorgeous silver case just now, it was.... empty. I'm sure I would have noticed if it had been that low the last time I used it, so I can only think it has suffered evaporation. Tragedy. 😿

But I still have a bottle of La Nuit EdP, which is almost full, so we can skank up this joint together pretty thoroughly.

LaNuit_PacoRabanne_EDP.50ml_May2020.jpg

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
It looks like I am in the opposite of today's synch theme, as I'm wearing Luce. This is what happens when you meet up with fellow perfume fans at Fumerie--you buy more perfume! Like I need any more! And now I have to check to see if my La Nuit perfume is evaporating...

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
My Nappa Noir, another bold leather/saffron-y acquisition, just did not suit me today, so I went with a black bottle and the evocative name Silences by Jacomo. It suited my mood and the time of year.
Shabbat dinner is almost ready: my version of goulash. Basically four ingredients: olive oil, paprika, onion, and shank meat cut into cubes. I seasoned with salt, white pepper, red wine, and goulash paste. Will serve with gnocchi.

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
I've had Sous Le Vent for over nine years and I think I'm just tired of it. I have 67 recorded wears on Basenotes. I already gave away several Guerlains. I still like Mon Guerlain, Heritage, and Habit Rouge.

Ahh, I see. I’m sorry that it didn’t make you happy today ☹️

I’m glad that Dioressence stepped in to save the day!

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
What is goulash paste? Something like tomato paste?

Fingers crossed that it isn't. I very much regret not parafilming mine.
Similar, except it is basically a sweet red pepper paste. Ah, I looked at the label. It is called Bende goulash cream
1669429950821.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...