My recommendation today for women as it is unisex and great on hot days:

LALIQUE - IMPERIAL GREEN

full

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Happy Friday, All.

I am in one of my top 5 perfumes today:MFK Cologne Pour Le Soir. It feels like a cozy blanket on a cold day. I remember when I first tested it, I sprayed a bit on my hand and intended to walk around doing some shopping to see how it worked on me. I didn't even get out the door-I knew immediately it was for me!

View attachment 239218

My first purchase from MFK and still my favourite from the house (y)

Doing a little reminiscing with this week's synch. I am always transported back to summer in Lake Como whenever I wear this. It does a remarkably good job of replicating the scent of olive groves and never ceases to lift the mood :)

Xerjoff - Fiore D'Ulivo.

Galilee-olive-grove.jpg

375x500.6311.jpg

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
It does a remarkably good job of replicating the scent of olive groves and never ceases to lift the mood :)

I've never had the privilege of smelling a grove of olive trees. Do they smell grassy, like olive oil does?

My Summer Solstice Sync is Dior Dune, though to me it evokes more the rocky, windswept coasts of Maine or Big Sur than the sandy heat of Florida or Malibu. And that's just fine with me.

DiorDune_advert_3_.jpg

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
(((Shycat)))
RHM, I hope your interview went well!
Looking at the Robot's SOTD, I've never heard of Juneaid Jamshed, but it strikes me as a better name than foxbins. "Jamshed!" Maybe I should change mine. Yesterday was a day when things broke around here-the kitchen light, the refrigerator, and my laptop. I've fixed the first two, the light replaced and the refrigerator, fingers crossed. The laptop had condensation from my glass dripped on the keyboard and now several keys don't work. I'm typing on a old laptop that was waiting to be taken for recycling, and boy is it slow. I'm hoping the keyboard will dry out if I take all the keys off and aim a fan at it. A new laptop is not in the budget this month. SOTD is Madhat Limed.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Good evening. I got home from France yesterday evening
after a series of delays before take-off and on landing.
We had to stay on the plane on arrival at Manchester airport because of
staff shortages! Once off the plane, the queue for passport control was
unbelievably long. Anyway, it’s good to be home again and my garden needs
my attention imminently.

My Summer Solstice scent is Rochas Escapade en Méditerranée.

RHM

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
Many thanks to everyone who wished me well for my interview. I have mixed feelings about it. I thought it went well. However, of the two people who met with me (at the same time) the assistant branch manage (a woman) was great, the branch manager (a man)couldn't seem to be bothered. Frankly, if that's they way he is during an interview, I'd rather not work for him.

SOTD: Slumberhouse Sadanne, on this sad, sad day.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Was really tired all day long as I didn't get much sleep due to a late night medical emergency room visit for our son (it was scary at the time but he is o.k. now and is at home).

I wore Volutes EDP by Diptyque, Miss Dior Rose N'Roses and my bedtime post shower scent was By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Many thanks to everyone who wished me well for my interview. I have mixed feelings about it. I thought it went well. However, of the two people who met with me (at the same time) the assistant branch manage (a woman) was great, the branch manager (a man)couldn't seem to be bothered. Frankly, if that's they way he is during an interview, I'd rather not work for him.

SOTD: Slumberhouse Sadanne, on this sad, sad day.
I'm with you on the sad day.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
but it strikes me as a better name than foxbins. "Jamshed!" Maybe I should change mine.

Would that be "Jam Shed", as in a small building where you store your preserves and jellies? Or maybe a small building where you practice your improvisational music?

Or would it be "Jams Hed", as in a person who was passionate about either jellies or improvisational bouts of music? Or even a person who tries to forcefully insert her head into tight-fitting places?

Personally, I think you're better off with Foxbins.

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
Would that be "Jam Shed", as in a small building where you store your preserves and jellies? Or maybe a small building where you practice your improvisational music?

Or would it be "Jams Hed", as in a person who was passionate about either jellies or improvisational bouts of music? Or even a person who tries to forcefully insert her head into tight-fitting places?

Personally, I think you're better off with Foxbins.
See, options with "Jamshed." Foxbins...only the one as far as I can tell. Of course, foxbins is a made-up word, and I think it cuts down on the spam I get, whereas a jam shed is probably a real thing among jam heds.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Was really tired all day long as I didn't get much sleep due to a late night medical emergency room visit for our son (it was scary at the time but he is o.k. now and is at home).

I wore Volutes EDP by Diptyque, Miss Dior Rose N'Roses and my bedtime post shower scent was By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela.
Hope your son is doing better now. Get some rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News