[Women's] SOTD Friday 21st of January 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warum

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 4, 2010
Syncing with Fleurs De Rocaille Parfum De Caron.
View attachment 182058
One of my favorite perfumes of all times, @RHM ! Is this a Summer fragrance for you?
I'm in sync in Guerlain Sous Le Vent. I'm not exactly sure of its literal English translation, but my personal interpretation is "easy breezy". It brings to mind the lovely feeling of carefree freedom while sailing on a breezy summer day.
Another one of my favorite perfumes of all times! I am also not sure of the correct translation, but my personal interpretation was "the breath of wind."

ineespenes

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 27, 2006
Is this one of your Summer fragrances? I remember wearing it in cooler weather, then applying it by mistake on a 90F-30+C day. I was afraid that it would suffocate me, but I enjoyed it very much instead and started to consider it a Summer fragrance since.
It is....:) But temperatures in Northern Norway isn't too hot during summer. Around 10-18 degrees celsius. A bit warmer in the south when I'm there in summer, but usually around 20-25 degrees.
SotE (not in synch) is No 5 edp

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Wishing you all a happy Friday.

I loved the undressing of your Chance, FiveoaksBouquet!

I am in synch with the adorable Guerlain AA Mandarine Basilic.

Me as well! That undressing was lovely!

How was your dentist visit yesterday, @kewart ?

Thanks, kewart and Warum, for the nice comments!

Last edited:

Shycat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
I blame Kewart's picture of oranges and my fragile mental state. I wonder if this is what a nervous breakdown feels like or whether it's more of a schizophrenic break.

Don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question. I can hear what you're thinking!

o_O

*got the appointment to have the hitch installed
*got to pick up a U-haul trailor the next day
*got the mattress ordered for Hillsboro delivery and the apartment people will hold it if it arrives early
*remembered to call and check on my brother after his follow-up X-ray today
*printed out forms for Oregon vehicle title and registration application
*made an appointment with the DMV there

But,

*forgot the laundry in the washer and had to re-wash it.

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
I posted in the sync thread but forgot to post here. Here's what I wore: Le Cri by Parfum d'Empire, Gris Clair by Serge Lutens and Shalimar Cologne by Guerlain.

I need to start posting in the SotD threads on the actual day, they don't get posted until 10am my time so I've usually been on Basenotes earlier than that for my first Basenotes check in of the day and then when I'm back here during the day, I'm thinking about other threads and I forget to post.:oops:

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Hi, all! I've spent the last 10 days or so in another one of my "work is sapping my will to spend any non-work hours on a device" rut. But it's OK. I let myself off the hook every now and then, and I'm learning not to stress about it.

Anyhoo, belated happy birthday wishes to Ine (so glad the sun is finally returning!!) and happy BNiversary wishes to Robin.

I was most decidedly *not* in synch today. Like RHM, we've been mired in "feels like" temps below zero (C and F) for a few days now, and all I wanted today was something warm and comfy. I ended up in my "this makes me think of kewart every time" fragrance: Mauboussin EDP. Every time I wear this, I ask myself why I don't wear it more in the winter. I suspect I'll wear it a few more times between now and March.

Cook.bot, you made me laugh with your Badgely Mischka post. That peachy osmanthus is somehow both irresistible and ... not trashy, exactly, but something more than gauche. Like you, I have to be in the mood for it, but when I am, it's fantastic. (I have the 50ml bottle, but that will still last my lifetime!)

Belated welcome wishes also to @xstitchalanna!

Jon, when I was catching up on all of the SotD threads I missed, you wore something the other day that made me think "we really are scent siblings," but I'll be damned if I can remember now what it was.
ETA: I am just O/C enough that I couldn't let it go, so I went back and looked at all the threads I looked at before I posted this, and found it: ELdO Tom of Finland. I love that one, too, although I only have a sample of it.​

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
ExtremeK - you were missed, thanks for posting and hang in there with work, I'm just like you - work sometimes makes being online after work no fun

Today wasn't *too* bad, but I did have about 10 meetings but I also got the opportunity to (finally) go to see a doctor here for a medical marijuana RX, to help me with some physical symptoms I've been dealing with. My regular doctor gave me the green light and now I should be ready to buy from Florida dispensaries in a couple weeks. So small victories, as they say!

We also had a new pest control company come in and treat the apartment so the entire kitchen had to be turned upside down. Sigh

I am drinking a Paloma and for bed I will be wearing this one, which makes me think of Rynegne and also the BN peeps who were in Chicago [including Momma Quarry] since Ryan talked about this fragrance when we met him:

Fields of Provence by Madhat

20210318_145149.jpg

jujy54

queen of the universe
Basenotes Plus
Jun 8, 2008
Running late for work I blindly grabbed from my sample box, and jammed to vials into my coat pocket. Started the day in Chanel 31 Rue Cambon. Not so much summery as soignée, this may be the Chanel for which I will spring. Other packet? Ah, Guerlain Chamade, to which I do ascribe a summer vibe.

Warum

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 4, 2010
What a lovely picture, @naylor ! (I haven't smelled the scent but I have no doubts that it is amazing as well :) )

@ineespenes , I am very close to the coast, so our Winter does not get quite as cold. Anything below zero Celsius is nearly an emergency and is quite rare. Summer could have a heat wave of 30+ where I'm at but closer to the coast that is rare as well (so often times one can escape the heat by driving for 15 minutes). How close to the coast are you?

ineespenes

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 27, 2006
What a lovely picture, @naylor ! (I haven't smelled the scent but I have no doubts that it is amazing as well :) )

@ineespenes , I am very close to the coast, so our Winter does not get quite as cold. Anything below zero Celsius is nearly an emergency and is quite rare. Summer could have a heat wave of 30+ where I'm at but closer to the coast that is rare as well (so often times one can escape the heat by driving for 15 minutes). How close to the coast are you?
I live on an island at the coasthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troms%C3%B8

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I'm in sync in Guerlain Sous Le Vent. I'm not exactly sure of its literal English translation, but my personal interpretation is "easy breezy". It brings to mind the lovely feeling of carefree freedom while sailing on a breezy summer day.
For me I consider it one of the nicest sounding names for a fragrance. They should consider rereleasing it, it's up there with Mitsouko an Vol de Nuit for green scents.

RHM

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 18, 2005
@Warum yes, I do wear Fleurs De Rocaille in the summer but not exclusively. It’s one of those very special scents I wear whenever I want something extra special. It spans the seasons IMO.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
For me I consider it one of the nicest sounding names for a fragrance. They should consider rereleasing it, it's up there with Mitsouko an Vol de Nuit for green scents.

I hadn't wore it for over a year and I kept catching wafts all day. It is really, really good. It smells a tad bit more modern than the other Guerlain classics - just a tad. I got it from a travelling Guerlain rep who chose it for me in 2013, right when it was discontinued. She said it was the last bottle. Several fragrance houses are now releasing classics from their archives. Such a good idea!

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
I hadn't wore it for over a year and I kept catching wafts all day. It is really, really good. It smells a tad bit more modern than the other Guerlain classics - just a tad. I got it from a travelling Guerlain rep who chose it for me in 2013, right when it was discontinued. She said it was the last bottle. Several fragrance houses are now releasing classics from their archives. Such a good idea!
This 2005 re-release is certainly different from the original release back in the 1930s. I didn't the bright green aromatic feel from the original which I think gives that modern and wearable feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News