Why, I'm particularly enjoying my scent today - September 2021

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Really enjoying Chanel 1932, parfum and edt. When it first came out I thought it was just another pretty floral, even though I managed to get through almost the whole 200 ml bottle of edt. I was wrong; it’s an outstanding floral, now being appreciated as its due.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying New York Sandalwood this afternoon because it has a nice creamy smell which is especially cozy on a cloudy day.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Mancera Roses and Chocolate. The notes in the title have been done to death in perfumery. Here, Mancera gives them new life with an unusual blend of fruit, musk, and woods. The rose and a dusty cacao are somehow both attenuated and sheered out by the other notes. It is addicting and unlike any other fragrance I own.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Mancera Roses and Chocolate. The notes in the title have been done to death in perfumery. Here, Mancera gives them new life with an unusual blend of fruit, musk, and woods. The rose and a dusty cacao are somehow both attenuated and sheered out by the other notes. It is addicting and unlike any other fragrance I own.

Tdem, that’s a lovely description.

Enjoying Chanel 1932 edt because I’m appreciating it afresh after a long time not wearing it. Yes, it’s a floral but do I detect some fruity note(s)? Not fruity like fresh sweet fruit but more like fruit in brandy.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
IMG_20210906_152431_014.jpg

Revlon That Man (1958)

This hits a particular sweet spot between the full-raunch of Moustache Concentrée and the more ephemeral Monsieur de Givenchy. That Man is still very a "50's pee and woods" chypre, but the sourness of the citrus oils and civet musk is pushed back in the mix, underneath more-pronounced woods of cedar and sandal, with a non-sweet tonka for a "tabac" fuzziness. Doesn't have the savon sparkle of the Givenchy, just the geranium lightness. Goldilocks of the genre.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying New York Sandalwood because it has a very nice carrot note reminiscent of a smooth carrot cake.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying Terre d'Hermes Parfum today because its flint and woody notes are masculine and charming.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Cartier Baiser Volé, a peppery, dewy green Easter lily easing into sweet, powdered vanilla. It’s been more than a year since I last wore it - it’s almost like discovering it all over again.

Staff online

Latest News