Why, I'm particularly enjoying my scent today - July 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Discuss the fragrance and the reason why you are particularly enjoying this fragrance more than usual during the month of July. Please note: This thread was originally started as a discussion thread and not just another SOTD thread. If you only want to post a fragrance name or picture, please post in one of the SOTD threads!

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Cotswold by Pineward Perfumes because it's green and natural and smells how Cotswold looks. :smiley:

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Un Rendez-Vous Axec Cezanne because lately have been re discovering this underrated house and this is their latest offering.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Solitude by Pineward Perfumes because it's eminently cozy with its lovely earthy notes.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying Aventus Cologne because it's pleasant in the warm weather and it's a nice crowd-pleaser.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying Chandlery by Pineward Perfumes because it has a cooling quality to it that I find quite nice in the warm weather.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying Kailash by Pineward Perfumes because it's dry and smoky which I find to be complimentary of the smell of smoked meats and cheese.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Enjoying Ikat Bleu because it's a nice smoky, peppery, spicy, woody scent with phenomenal performance.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying Murkwood tonight because it's heavy and balsamic with a little bit of bitter smokiness.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Enjoying 20 Year Iconic by Clive Christian as it has a nice balance between vetiver and rosemary.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying Aventus Cologne because it's citrus notes are very pleasant and it has a sophisticated feeling dry down.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Tauer Lonestar Memories because it's got a great leather note with some sweetness and just a slight amount of dirtiness.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Enjoying my latest arrival from Rose Et Marius as leather, pine and tobacco are among my favorite notes.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying Homme de Gres today because it has a classic masculine green feel which is quite pleasant today.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying Czech & Speake Cuba today because its tobacco and rum notes are in perfect harmony and the scent has a refreshing zesty quality that makes it perfect for the summer.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying Sixes & Sevens this evening because it's animalic notes are captivating, sensual.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
I'm enjoying Halston 1-12 (EA version). I've always been a fan of the top notes but the drydown was either to feminine before taking on some dirty, not-too-pleasant aspects. I kept it around mostly for the bottle design and the occasional top note sample.

I currently don't have any true summer scents. Missoni Pour Homme is the only light smell, and the rest of my collection skews towards the old school. So I said, what the heck, the Halston is kinda light.

Man, it was like seeing an old friend again. It's one of those old school scents that just comes across as dapper, while not being crude, heavy, or overly musky like some of its peers. It's not an outright summer scent, but I was appreciating it in the evening. It's not better as an aura scent as opposed to sticking your nose to your wrist.

Anyway, it's one of those underrated gems, imo. I wish they still made some accompanying products to go with it, like shaving cream and shower gel.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Penhaligon's Castile because it's crisp citrus notes cut through the heat unbelievably well.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Enjoying Czech & Speake Cuba because it has a fizzy freshness like I'm enjoying a rum and coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News