Why did you wear what you wore today.. September 2021

12catcrazy

Nov 14, 2012
Today I wore Caswell Massey Gold Cap Greenbrier. I just received it and today was the first time I wore it. It's a real old-school masculine fragrance; reminded me of men's aftershaves that I would smell when I was a little girl (1960s). This was the 2nd Gold Cap that I wore this weekend. Yesterday I wore Woodgrain, which again was very old-school but I like it a lot. Lavender Powder is how I'd describe it. These fragrances are simple in that you don't get much change from the time you put them on until they have faded, but for $40 for 3 ounces, they smell nice and what the hell.

12catcrazy

Nov 14, 2012
Today is my birthday. It is humid outside and going to be hot. The a/c is still broken in my office (with no repairs slated for months). So to try and make myself somewhat happier, I am wearing one of my favorites: Bogue Maai.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I chose Mon Guerlain today to take a little break from Libre Intense, which I could wear all the time. Mon Guerlain is now wafting up nicely. It shares a lavender note with Libre Intense, making a smooth transition.

12catcrazy

Nov 14, 2012
A warm Sept day today. Somewhat overcast but pleasant outside (still hotter than hell in my office). So today I am wearing Sonoma Scent Studio Bee's Bliss. Enjoying the last gasp of Summer feel and the wonderful dry down of this scent.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Chanel Le Lion, because it’s just smelling wonderful as the days get cooler. There’s something about Le Lion that synchs so well, not only with me personally but becoming an organic link between me and the environment that creates a sense of oneness. I don’t know of any other perfume that does that.

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
L'eau d'Issey

I was bored and just wanted something fresh, despite people online saying it smells like cat piss. Regardless of that lemon-spicy opening, the dry down is pretty smooth. I'm preferring it to the dry down of Acqua di Gio, a fragrance I thought was perfect.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Apologies to the Basenotes Community - I mistakenly posted the above 8 posts in the wrong thread without double checking! :cry: Moderators - Please eliminate the above 8 posts and this post! Thank you.

Last edited:

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I'm wearing Guerlain Heritage again today and I'm going to keep wearing it until something else grabs my attention. I recently ordered Habit Rouge and I can't wait to see the two bottles side-by-side. Maybe I should get Guerlain Vetiver and make it a trio. It just occurred to me that I do like to group fragrances and sequence their wearing.

Latest News