Gunslinger

Jul 12, 2005
No holds-barred. Which (if any) Men's scent just makes you want to rip a man's clothes off and....ummm, you get the point. The scent certainly doesn't make the man, but I'm looking for a scent that compliments a sexy man, a scent that oozes sex appeal.

Let's hear some stories

Gunslinger

Last edited by a moderator:

cause = time

Aug 8, 2006
Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

Okay, there's a 15 year old in here asking the guys what they like on girls, so now, as a 19 year old male, I am asking you what the women like on men. If there are any ladies lurking about give me your opinion, or guys, tell me what fragrances have won you the most attention from the opposite sex.

Spiritussancti

Mar 16, 2006
Re: Okay... So What Do The Girls Like?

You should wear a cologne that suits your personality. That way if a girl likes it....voila, you have something in common. Dont just wear what all the girls like. Wear what you like and in time you'll meet a girl who also likes it and she would probably be a better choice for you. Unless of course you're just going for a one night stand. Then go with what every girl likes. ;). But women are not objects!

DJB

Oct 18, 2005

cause = time said:
Okay, there's a 15 year old in here asking the guys what they like on girls, so now, as a 19 year old male, I am asking you what the women like on men. If there are any ladies lurking about give me your opinion, or guys, tell me what fragrances have won you the most attention from the opposite sex.
I get the most compliments when I wear Creed's Millesime Imperial.

cause = time

Aug 8, 2006

Spiritussancti said:
You should wear a cologne that suits your personality. That way if a girl likes it....voila, you have something in common. Dont just wear what all the girls like. Wear what you like and in time you'll meet a girl who also likes it and she would probably be a better choice for you. Unless of course you're just going for a one night stand. Then go with what every girl likes. ;). But women are not objects!

oh goodness, i know women aren't objects. i'm just curious because my girlfriend (who i've been with for three years) says she doesn't have a preference... but i'd really like to find something sensual for us.

cause = time

Aug 8, 2006

and alot more people are usually on the men's forum than the female's, so that's why i posted here.

T

Thrax

Girls like money, nice cars, things that plug into the wall and make a whurring sound, small fuzzy things, "cute" things, metric tons of make up, Vin Diesel, and Brad Pitt :)

helg

Sep 18, 2005

cause = time said:
how come girls can get away with threads like this, but guys can't?

Why does the sun go up from the east? ;-)

Seriously though, there is no "concrete" answer for all girls ( I guess most teenagers are influenced by what's the latest fad or what everybody wears, but not ladies over that age) and if you're asking about your own girl, why not take her to a sniffing expedition and ask her? You might discover something that way.

Plus an individual perfume will make you stand out more.

Myself I like Declaration, Obsession, Trussardi original, Lolita au masculin, Timbuktu, Mechant Loup, Allure Homme, Egoiste.
And butch, macho ones like Givenchy Gentleman and Cartier Santos.

cause = time

Aug 8, 2006

my gf doesn't want to influence what i pick, but she is always going to be an essential part of the equation. i've been looking at pr's pour homme because she tends to like very clean scents. any other suggestions?

Xen

Jun 3, 2005

cause = time said:
my gf doesn't want to influence what i pick, but she is always going to be an essential part of the equation. i've been looking at pr's pour homme because she tends to like very clean scents. any other suggestions?
Ok, this topic has been discussed over and over again here. The usual results:
Acqua di Gio
L'eau D'issey pour Homme
Azzaro Chrome
Gucci Envy
Le Male

Edit:A few more...
Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
Caron pour Un Homme
John Varvatos
Bvlgari Black
Rive Gauche pour Homme
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Millisime Imperiale
Davidoff Coolwater
Crush
Givenchy Pi
Guerlain L'instant pour Homme

Last edited:
T

Thrax

So women like woodies? This confirms a theory that I have long supported!

Mario Justiniani

Sep 6, 2005

Aside from conclusively figuring out the nature of God, understanding women is right up on my to do list. I believe you could get away posting this question on the women's forum and they'll cut you some slack, instead of just cutting you, provided you tell them you're 19 and you've been with your girlfriend since you were 16 years old. Trust me, they'll be much sweeter.

Anyway, my 2 cents:

Roma
John Varvatos
Geir

Cheers,

Mario

cause = time

Aug 8, 2006

Excuse me for not knowing that this topic has been discussed thousands of times, as I am the freshest of all newbies. This thread was mainly in response to the young lady's thread asking men what they like. And were you being sarcastic about the feminine board treating me nicer if I tell them I've been going out with the same girl (my first and only girlfriend and kiss, mind you) since I was 16? We've been in a long distance relationship now for the past year (she's in Northern California for college while I'm in Southern California) so I don't even know why I'm considering her preferences so much. Guess I'm just a creature of habit.

genvy5

Jul 15, 2006

Young girls(15-25) dig:

Fierce
Ezra Fitch
Drift(Hollister)
Jake(Hollister)
Kirra(Pac Sun)

^ not even joking.

Kenneth Cole Reaction
Acqua Di Gio
Armani Code
Guess Man
Cool Water
Very Sexy 1 and 2

Those are ones that you can't go wrong with and 99% of girls will like them

Dante

Jun 3, 2005

I'd swear sometimes that women are all independent thinkers with their own tastes and opinions. Weird.

dirk

Jul 28, 2006

hey, cause=time, it seems that it dosn't matter, if this subject is already discussed a thousand times before, every time a thread dealing with that matter is posted, is seems to atract a lot of interest from both sexes! as a perfume addict and semi-professional perfumer, i made the following observation:

a masculine fragrance that is succesful in attracting the attention of the opposite sex, does nearly always contain elements of a female fragrance and vice versa! vide JPG's le male!...

cause = time

Aug 8, 2006

Thank (most of) you all for being good sports in this thread dedicated to everything purely stupid and not serious.

You have to admit that this is fun to talk about regardless of all that "women are individuals" posturing. Pssh...

Remember, "everything purely stupid and not serious."

Last edited:

Spiritussancti

Mar 16, 2006

Dante said:
I'd swear sometimes that women are all independent thinkers with their own tastes and opinions. Weird.

It does seem god is laughing at us sometimes for not knowing anything about women. Sometimes so hard he cries. That is of course, where the rain comes from.

kraken

Aug 9, 2006

I really balk at the idea of wearing what everyone other guy does for the sake of attracting women, but I realized these scents are popular for a reason-they work. So, I'll probably pick up some Feirce, Curve, and Coolwater sooner or later.

LeMâle

Jul 19, 2006

Anything Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Pagani. Fragrance wise you can't go wrong with something along the lines of Polo Blue, which is a good fragrance but doesn't last. Anything from A&F is generally accepted.

Joel_Cairo

Oct 5, 2005

kraken said:
I really balk at the idea of wearing what everyone other guy does for the sake of attracting women, but I realized these scents are popular for a reason-they work. So, I'll probably pick up some Feirce, Curve, and Coolwater sooner or later.

not that I'd recommend it, but IF you are going to Abercrombie & Fitch for fragrance, spend the extra money for Ezra Fitch Cologne. It's in a whole different league from Fierce. And, added bonus, the bottle is really handsome and makes for a nice dresser-top-ornament, as opposed to the embarassingly tacky Fierce bottle.

Last edited:

MorningOil

Nov 15, 2005

Dante said:

ROFL. Really? That explains sooo much ;D

MorningOil

Nov 15, 2005

And, dude, -seriously-, wear what YOU like and what makes YOU feel sexy. Trust me on this.

genvy5

Jul 15, 2006

Joel_Cairo said:
not that I'd recommend it, but IF you are going to Abercrombie & Fitch for fragrance, spend the extra money for Ezra Fitch Cologne. It's in a whole different league from Fierce. And, added bonus, the bottle is really handsome and makes for a nice dresser-top-ornament, as opposed to the embarassingly tacky Fierce bottle.

Is it just me or does Ezra Fitch smell exactly like Mania? I made the connection the first time I smelled Mania after smelling EF a few times. don't both have a bergamot something or other?

Dante said:

lol. Good one :D

Spiritussancti

Mar 16, 2006

aubrgene said:
Girls like manly men who smells like a man. Musty/Muscky/Sweaty!

Amen! Now can I get a Hallelujah?! Let me hear you say hallelujah oh Lord! Glory glory hallelujah!

Umm yeah about that. Sorry...theres not much else to watch at 4 in the morning.

Lightninrod

Aug 29, 2005

L'Homme Sage

Just got that after trying a sample from Lucky Scents and..................................,three women at work snuggled up and started to undo my tie and shirt buttons:eek: It's unbelieveable! I was afraid I was going to be bitten:D !

Dan

castorpollux

Dec 9, 2005

cause = time said:

i asked some women about this: here are the responses:
in general:
a girl: likes a cool cute dude.
a woman: likes a confident guy
a lady: likes loads of money.
nothing about smells.

fragrance? they never have a straight answer...if they don't like the frag the guy uses, they will find the way to lose the frag and get him to wear what she likes best, or al least convince him to wear something on common ground.

these are not my answers BTW! what do you think?

greyhueofdoubt

Mar 10, 2006

I have never received anything less than arm-flapping, teeth-gnashing, eyelid-fluttering compliments from girls when I wear anything by Chanel. The exception is Antaeus, which I usually only wear to work or on days when I keep to myself.

I get the same reaction from a $12 bottle of Raw Vanilla, though, so caveat emptor.

-ben

Bad_Dawg

Jun 24, 2006

[What Do The Girls Like?]

Scent wise...or in general?
No really, we need to be specific here, its a question only fractionally as complex as girls! I use to be complex and thought I knew the answer, then I found out I'm not complex, just a Dawg in man's clothing ha ha!

what was the question again?

oh...what scents do they like? that narrows it down!

Roses, they really like roses. Especially the smell of the roses in that surprise boquet sent to her office. Remember, the roses need a label so they know why we sent them. D'oh! thats the tough part! I could just whip out the credit card and make a call saying "send roses to this address today please" but then the flower lady asks "what do you want to put on the card?"

"what?"

"oh!"

"damn"

"ok, just write 'I love you' on it please, say its from Dawg, she'll know. Thanks"

A call recieved later in the day...

"Honey, the roses were great, but didnt you remember that Carmations were my favorite?"

D'oh!

zztopp

Apr 2, 2006

Lightninrod said:
L'Homme Sage

Just got that after trying a sample from Lucky Scents and..................................,three women at work snuggled up and started to undo my tie and shirt buttons:eek: It's unbelieveable! I was afraid I was going to be bitten:D !

Dan

lol, where do you work ? :D

JohnCase

May 27, 2006

In my experience girls go nuts over sweet scents and pepper scents. But when it comes right down to it what scent you're wearing doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference(as long as it isn't, horrendous or over applied). If you've got it you've got it, but smelling good never hurts. Some scent suggestions from your department store counter :Boss Soul, Boss Bottled, Givenchy VI, Dior homme, Dior fahrenheit, Azzaro Visit, Chanel Allure Sport, YSL Opium EdT.

T

Thrax

Lightninrod said:
L'Homme Sage

Dan

Dan is always talking about how the women love him. I think Dan is a
P-I-M-P!

Latest News