Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Lion

Oct 11, 2019
Had a great compliment yesterday.

Was out with a friend and we went to a cafe. My friend loves Creed Aventus, has all the bottles and different batches.

We are getting served and sit down at a table while waiting for the coffees to be made. Once the coffees are made the bubbly pretty lady, mid-'20s comes over and says "Here you go"

She hands us our coffees and goes to walk away but stops. She turns around and says "Oh my gosh just have to say one of you smells amazing, I could smell you at the counter and coming over here now, it is filling this place. What are you wearing?...I love it!"

My friend looks at her, smiles and says "I get told this a lot... it's Creed Aventus"

The lovely lady says "Oh well I have to write it down... You smell amazing... you must get stopped by people all the time to ask you are wearing"

My friend says "Yep..all the time, Aventus is unbelievable"

She then says "Yeah, soon as I smelt that tobacco I was like wow one of these guys is the boss!"

Hahahaha - my friends face showed he just died inside because my friends, yesterday my scent of the day was Mancera 'Red Tobacco'

Chalk up a big win for Red Tobacco over Aventus!!!

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Got another compliment from my girlfriend today on Green Irish Tweed. It is her favorite of my wardrobe and even her favorite of everything she has ever smelled on me.

The Cologne Cabinet

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 22, 2014

Was out with a friend and we went to a cafe. My friend loves Creed Aventus, has all the bottles and different batches.

We are getting served and sit down at a table while waiting for the coffees to be made. Once the coffees are made the bubbly pretty lady, mid-'20s comes over and says "Here you go"

She hands us our coffees and goes to walk away but stops. She turns around and says "Oh my gosh just have to say one of you smells amazing, I could smell you at the counter and coming over here now, it is filling this place. What are you wearing?...I love it!"

My friend looks at her, smiles and says "I get told this a lot... it's Creed Aventus"

The lovely lady says "Oh well I have to write it down... You smell amazing... you must get stopped by people all the time to ask you are wearing"

She then says "Yeah, soon as I smelt that tobacco I was like wow one of these guys is the boss!"

Hahahaha - my friends face showed he just died inside because my friends, yesterday my scent of the day was Mancera 'Red Tobacco'

I'm saving this and transcribing onto my 2020 Christmas cards!

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020

Haha, awesome story! Well done!

Aforauer

Mar 21, 2018
Girlfriend was head over heels for Black Afgano on me. Certainly didn’t expect it as she doesn’t typically like fragrances in general. Chalk it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Girlfriend was head over heels for Black Afgano on me. Certainly didn’t expect it as she doesn’t typically like fragrances in general. Chalk it up!

Nice! I've never tried that one but I want to. From what I've read, it doesn't seem like a mass pleaser.

H_West

Oct 14, 2015

What a great story, congrats! :)

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Put on a sample of Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka and the first think my girlfriend said was "oooh, you smell so f***ing good!"

Dec 29, 2013
A really nice 40-50yr old employee at my local supermarket flagged me down after she served me at the deli counter and asked what I was wearing. Told me I smelled "really good" followed up with an enthusiastic thumbs up :thumbsup: :laugh: Completely caught me by surprise especially since we both had masks on and was a good 6-7ft across the glass.

Etro Shaal Nur.

First compliment by a stranger. Told my wife afterwards that she made my day :D

cameron

Oct 17, 2011

Great scent very complex and beautiful. Your gf has great taste of she likes BA

cameron

Oct 17, 2011
She also loves Orto Parisi Seminalis on me [emoji23] two unexpected favorites that’s for sure

My wife likes BA when I had her sample
Today. She also likes Sycomore tobacco vanilla and tuscan leather. She hates santal 33 tho which I like

Eric

Nov 20, 2020
Re: Club de Nuit intense

This is my first post on Basenotes so please bare with me. I’m 55 and I love all types of Fragrances. I’ve collected over 200 bottles that include Niche and designer fragrances. About two years ago I came upon a rather inexpensive cologne called Club de Nuit. I was a sceptic at first but what’s happened when it comes to compliments from women and men have been amazing! I wear Aventus and many other fragrances each day but this cologne gets me consistent compliments. I was recently in a crowded lazy river at a resort in Florida and a woman half my age was infront of me asking who is smelling so good! She then asked me and I had to confess. “It’s a good thing that I wasn’t with my wife at that moment.’ This happens to me at the office quite frequently and I had a guy approach me at church just to ask me what I had on. My wife simply loves it on me however I’m completely blown away when I receive compliments from complete strangers. This happens well after I can no longer smell the scent.

Man Of The World

Apr 3, 2017

This is my first post on Basenotes so please bare with me. I’m 55 and I love all types of Fragrances. I’ve collected over 200 bottles that include Niche and designer fragrances. About two years ago I came upon a rather inexpensive cologne called Club de Nuit. I was a sceptic at first but what’s happened when it comes to compliments from women and men have been amazing! I wear Aventus and many other fragrances each day but this cologne gets me consistent compliments. I was recently in a crowded lazy river at a resort in Florida and a woman half my age was infront of me asking who is smelling so good! She then asked me and I had to confess. “It’s a good thing that I wasn’t with my wife at that moment.’ This happens to me at the office quite frequently and I had a guy approach me at church just to ask me what I had on. My wife simply loves it on me however I’m completely blown away when I receive compliments from complete strangers. This happens well after I can no longer smell the scent.

Welcome Eric!!

I have to agree with you.

I love Aventus. I also have a bottle of Club De Nuit Intense which I use from time to time and it does tend to garner compliments. To the point where people will go out of their way to approach you. I still much prefer Aventus but there is obviously something in the water that rubs people up the right way LOL.

Hope you enjoy your time at Basenotes.

rbaker

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 27, 2012

Welcome on board!

rbaker

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 27, 2012

Welcome on board!

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020

Welcome to Basenotes!

ThVH

Mar 13, 2020

Did you tell her? Or is she now searching for the legendary tobacco fragrance Aventus?

rmm.0811

Dec 3, 2019

I have 4 aventus clones

Rasasi Zebra
Afnan Supremacy
L'Aventure
Alexandria Brasilia Prive

You just convinced me to order this Armaf CDNIM Haha

vitaman

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 14, 2008
Had a customer track me down to ask what I was wearing.
She was, at the same time, enthralled with the scent and dumbfounded that she could clearly smell it through her N90 Mask.
Turns out to be one of my top 5 favorites with the worst name of my whole collection: Sweetie Oud.
She wrote it down and started planning a gift for her boyfriend. After a few more sniffs, she contemplated whether it might not be a gift to herself!

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
We are trying to reduce the number of very long ongoing threads that just keep getting bigger and bigger, we are hoping you all will be o.k. with us starting a "part 2" thread. We would put a link to this original (first part) thread in the opening post of the new thread for easy reference. I would like this to happen in the next few hours so if someone would like to start the new thread with a link to this thread it would be much appreciated, otherwise, I'll come back and do it later on. Thanks!

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
We are trying to reduce the number of very long ongoing threads that just keep getting bigger and bigger, we are hoping you all will be o.k. with us starting a "part 2" thread. We would put a link to this original (first part) thread in the opening post of the new thread for easy reference. I would like this to happen in the next few hours so if someone would like to start the new thread with a link to this thread it would be much appreciated, otherwise, I'll come back and do it later on. Thanks!

Done.
Here is the link to the new thread. CuddleCat can you please sticky the new thread?

https://www.basenotes.net/threads/483399-Which-scent-gets-you-the-most-female-compliments-Pt-2

CuddleCat

It smells so good in here
Basenotes Plus
Aug 20, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News