Which scent gets you the most compliments? Pt.2

Diamond Joe

Feb 5, 2019
Got a nice compliment from the check-out girl at Home Depot (who was behind a plexiglass covid shield, but there was a fan behind me that was blowing towards her)

WOW you smell really good! Areej Chinese Oud. Didn't think this one was really a crowd pleaser, but its the second compliment I've gotten in only 3 or 4 times wearing it.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
New co-worker started this week. I went by the computer she was using to help with something and she went, "Well you smell good today!".

For anyone wondering, if it makes a difference, she's about to be 26 and super attractive (skinny, latina, played volley ball, long long black hair).

Aventus Cologne (~2.5 sprays; 1 on left forearm, 1 under shirt to torso/flank on right side, and about half a spray worth to back of head/neck).

leor_77

Mar 8, 2006
Got a pretty nice reaction from a bank teller (probably in her 20's) to my vintage Chanel Antaeus. She said it smelled great, and was very classy (also asked for the name). I was a bit surprised, as it's a more of a vintage, mature scent...Good to see it's still getting the job done, even with the younger ladies!

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Invictus Legend got complimented today at work. I applied too much, I think; as another co-worker commented on smelling it by the door area to the office... yikes. I only did ~2.5 sprays or so, with .5-1 sprays being on skin UNDER clothing. Jeez, lol.

renperd

Oct 8, 2004
Great to hear that it got you a compliment. A 40-year-old woman once said "I can smell you" and left it at that. I was wearing Oud Ispahan...

vitaman

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 14, 2008
Two compliments at work for Amouage Interlude.
Put a lot on and to be fair the fragrance was noticed after about 8 hours.
Later that night I sprayed a little Elysium on top and received additional raves with that.

Emgamo

Dec 29, 2020
Hugo Boss Energized is the one that generated most compliments over the years.

Kalan by Parfums de Marly is another compliment magnet

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Got a nice compliment on Viking Cologne this morning from a stranger on the train. "Whatever scent you're wearing is really brightening my day!"

Dantheman123

Dec 3, 2018
Ted Lapidus Pour Lui. I had a lady walk by me and said that I smelled good. Still in production and can be found on eBay. Lavender, vanilla and musk. Very pleasant scent. Good longevity and projection.

Ray005

Jan 13, 2018
I don't know why. But most times I wear a Aqva Atlantiqve. It's my most complimented fragrance only during high heat days. It's usually during the dry down. Mostly by men. Few women have too. Like today when I was local pizzaria. A lady was 6 feet away. I had on a mask. She didn't. She asked is that you that smells good. I said IDK. I am wearing a cologne if you're wondering. She just smiled. That's was the end. Of that.i don't know how old she was. She was one of them girls that looks like she in her mid 20s. But could be 30 years old. Personally I don't think it's that great, eventhough info like it. But I keep buying it because for some reason it's my most complimented fragrance. Second most complimented is Sauvage toilette.

I recently bought Chanel Sport Extreme. Because when I used to watch YouTube reviews. A few YouTubers said how much compliments you'll get. 2 of the YouTubers were females. I finally pulled the trigger on it and got it 2 months ago. I wore it at a time where I'm going people won't have on a mask. I have worn it 3 days out the week and not even one compliment. Lol

Apr 28, 2021
That's beautiful, man.

Yes it is. The power of scent to transport across time and place.

The transportive quality of scent is what its all about for me, but to have provided that experience for a passing stranger in such a way put me in the best mood.
It'd be rude not to purchase a full bottle of Mugler Cologne after that. I'll keep my decant on me to give to the same lady if I ever bump into her again.

Martinezz89

Jul 2, 2021
For the day, I personally like fresh scents.
When I go out for dinner or for drinks, i prefer musky scents. Those are the ones women compliment me for :D

H_West

Oct 14, 2015
Mugler Cologne caused a watery-eyed elderly lady to stop me in the supermarket. "Excuse me, but you smell so beautiful - it reminds me of spring time as a little girl"

Best compliment ever!

Wow! How nice!

I got a compliment from a friend yesterday. First wearing from my newly purchased bottle so that felt good. Acqua di Parma - Colonia

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
I've gotten some compliments over the years, mostly when wearing Kouros. But the best compliment was from my mom recently when I wore Ted Lapidus Pour Homme (1978) -"what you wearing, honey, you smell SO nice". Thanks, mom![emoji5]

vitaman

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 14, 2008
New co-worker started this week. I went by the computer she was using to help with something and she went, "Well you smell good today!".

For anyone wondering, if it makes a difference, she's about to be 26 and super attractive (skinny, latina, played volley ball, long long black hair).

Aventus Cologne (~2.5 sprays; 1 on left forearm, 1 under shirt to torso/flank on right side, and about half a spray worth to back of head/neck).

Was in Saks yesterday and decided to visit the Fragrance department. Had never smelled any Creed colognes so I smelled both Viking and Aventus. Both surprised me at how good they are. Have owned the originals and sold both. The Creed rep said that men tend to buy original Aventus. Women buy the Cologne....and give it to their men.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
YouTuber- I get compliments every single time I wear this.

Reality- I’ve been wearing this fragrance for years and never received a compliment.

I'm so glad someone finally said what is in essence the undeniable reality (y)
You could of course replace "YouTuber" with "sales rep" any day.

kidmetal24

Sep 4, 2013
I'm so glad someone finally said what is in essence the undeniable reality :thumbsup:
You could of course replace "YouTuber" with "sales rep" any day.

I thought about using sales reps but some of the ones I’ve encountered just give off the buy this vibe. Most of them don’t know a ton and are not trying to seem as if they do. More like it’s a job and not a passion which I totally understand.

egrorian

Oct 12, 2008
Elisabeth Sladen from Doctor Who once told me, "you smell really nice, too!", when I was wearing Obsession. In my thirty three years of wearing fragrances I can also recall being specifically complimented (by persons other than my partner) for Egoiste, Jazz, Eau Sauvage, Polo, Azzaro and - actually rather surprisingly I thought - Hugo.

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Got a compliment from a complete stranger in Marshall’s on Saturday. She asked what I was wearing and I told her Creed Aventus Cologne. She surprised me by saying she was familiar with Creed and GIT was her favorite.

Got another compliment on regular Aventus at the office last week.

Carl57

Jan 27, 2015
Got 3 compliments in one day. I hadn’t gotten one for the whole year before that. My new bottle of Another 13.

In a way I’m kind of disappointed this is the one that gets compliments, still appreciative of them however.

A young couple as I was dropping something off at the post office and later the hairdresser when I was getting my haircut.

I also got a kind of compliment on Ganymede the other day. “What smells so weird. I like it” :lolk:

H_West

Oct 14, 2015
I've got complimented two days in a row, two fun ones :)

The first was from my daughter. She hugged me, then came back and hugged me again and dug her nose deep onto me and told me how good I smelled multiple times. It was Hugo Boss - Hugo Man.

The next day I came out from the shower and my daughters friend chased me and asked me if she could smell me. She didn't even know where to smell. :D She just sniffed around me some times and said that she thought that I smelled very good. Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather, surprisingly enough.

They are just kids but it is still fun. It's nice just to hear them be that kind to others.

thebeck

Mar 25, 2007
My most complimented
There's something about Leisure in Paradise that people just love.
Just recently the new one from Jousset has gotten quite a few compliments 375x500.68076.jpg
375x500.61927.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News